- Best place to start is an elimination diet. Sound scary? What if it was the missing link to holding your baby. You can do anything for 10 days! Check out more about the Elimination Diet
- Next we make sure you are getting enough fat (sources such as avocado’s, coconut oil, olive oil) and protein (grass fed meats and nuts), also we make sure you are consuming enough veggies (like kale, cauliflower, collard greens).
- Switch to organic produce. For some this switch alone can help with conception. With our crops so contaminated with pesticides its no wonder that infertility now affects 1 in 6 in Canada and 1 in 8 in the US.
- Sleep is essential for fertility – it plays a vital role in production of many hormones – lack of sleep impairs the body’s ability to regulate adrenaline, cortisol and insulin – making conception very difficult.
- Exercise is important too – not too vigorous though (this can interfere with ovulation), exercise such as (walking, biking, yoga) is usually best. Exercise helps to increase estrogen (which is especially important if you have low ovarian reserve).
- Reduce Stress – studies of mind body techniques such as yoga, visualization, meditation and talk therapy have statistically improved the success rate of conception. Pick one that resonates with you.
- Support – going it alone can be difficult. Infertility brings up all kinds of emotions. Finding someone that can support you is essential. Find a friend, therapist or coach.
- Herbs and Vitamins are essential too – feel free to download a free chapter of my book for the right ones for your infertility diagnosis Click here to download
Knowledge without action is meaningless. What is one TIP that you will implement today?
Sarah Clark empowers couples to discover how lifestyle and diet can dramatically impact their chances of conceiving. She was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure at 28 and had both her kids with donor eggs. Not until years later did she discover that the root cause of her infertility was a food intolerance. Ready to gaze into your baby’s eyes….but struggling. Download 10 step Checklist here