Today I’m welcoming Dr. Ralph Esposito to the podcast!
We’re digging into improving sperm health.
Dr. Esposito is a naturopathic physician, acupuncturist, and functional medicine practitioner specializing in integrative urology, men’s health, and hormonal health. His precise and personalized style utilizes a systems biology and precision medicine approach to medicine.
In addition to being a peer reviewer for medical journals, he has authored several medical textbook chapters and has designed education modules for health professionals specifically on urological conditions, male and female hormone dysfunction, hypogonadism, exercise, men’s health, and sexual dysfunction.
Dr. Esposito has trained at NYU Integrative and Functional Urology Center and also holds a position as an adjunct professor at New York University where he lectures on integrative medicine. Currently, Dr. Esposito serves as a medical consultant and research analyst.
As you may know, we support couples that are struggling with low AMH, premature ovarian failure/insufficiency, or diminished ovarian reserve get pregnant naturally or improve their chances of success with IVF.
Most couples we have worked with have experienced at least 1 failed round of IVF and it’s heartbreaking, expensive and many times IVF is not even needed.
And before they embark on another expensive IVF cycle they want to optimize their chances of getting pregnant naturally and really focus on their preconception health.
Our clients tell us all the time how “life-changing” our Fab Fertile Method is to help them finally take targeted action steps so they can have a successful pregnancy.
But how can we optimize the health of the male partner? After all, it takes two to have a baby!
What you may not know is that we also help with male factor infertility because our Fab Fertile Method works for both men and women.
Many times we see couples that are both struggling with fertility issues.
On this podcast you’ll learn:
1) The difference between sperm count, motility, and morphology. The optimum amount of sperm, plus the reason for the declining sperm count worldwide.
2) How oxidative stress impacts sperm health (i.e. tobacco, prescription drugs, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), and more).
3) Impact of autoimmune disease on sperm. Plus we talk about chronic infections and what this could mean for male factor infertility.
4) What low testosterone and low cholesterol really mean for sperm health. Low vitamin D and implications for sperm.
5) Specific diet and lifestyle recommendations to improve sperm health.
- What are we looking for? What is optimal or normal?
- “Higher doesn’t always mean better (sperm count)”
- The impact of environmental toxins, obesity, and insolence resistance
- “Your sperm is sensitive to oxidative damage”
- “Optimal is different than normal.”
- Lead exposure and how our lifestyle is contributing to it
21:00- WHAT IS VARICOCELE?
- Why the testicles need to stay cool and why that’s important for fertility
- Why there should be a testicle examination when there is a complaint of infertility
- Stimulant drugs, prescriptions for epilepsy, depressants, etc.
29:45- UNDIAGNOSED AUTO-IMMUNE DISEASE AND IMPACT ON FERTILITY
- The role of prostate in infertility
- Low libido and it impacts on conceiving
- It’s not about finding a drug to fix it but changing your lifestyle
- Low testosterone and estrogen
- Glucose monitoring
- The importance of sleep- “Sleep is necessary.”
- Eliminating inflammatory foods
- Which acupuncture points does he focus on?
- “I eliminate most inflammatory foods from the diet”
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):