How To Keep Intimacy Alive During The Fertility Journey
Dec 02, 2019
I'm excited to welcome Denise Wiesner to the podcast.
We’re digging into restoring intimacy during the fertility journey.
Denise Wiesner, LAc, FABORM, founder of the Natural Healing and Acupuncture Clinic in West Los Angeles, is an internationally recognized traditional Chinese medicine practitioner, specializing in the Whole Systems Chinese medicine approach to women’s health, sexuality, and fertility. Since 1994, Denise has treated and helped women manage challenges from menstrual disorders through menopause, and from infertility to pregnancy. Using a combination of acupuncture, diet and lifestyle counseling, nutritional supplements, and Chinese herbs,
Denise has helped thousands of couples navigate the tricky, and often stressful, journey toward fertility, without losing their loving connection. She has a Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Kinesiology (UCLA), a Master of Arts in traditional Chinese medicine (Emperor's College), and is a certified sex coach.
When we are on the fertility journey intimacy can take backseat. It can feel like lovemaking has been replaced with baby making.
Playfulness and fun in the bedroom can turn into sex on a schedule.
Which can lead to a lot of pressure and potentially more stress.
Infertility can either bring you closer together as a couple or potentially tear you apart.
Let's talk about how to improve our sex lives – so it’s not just about sex during our fertile days.
In this episode you'll learn:
1) What to do when sex is no longer associated with pleasure and how do we get back the playfulness. How to increase intimacy outside of the bedroom.
2) What if you think you should be having a certain type of sex (making love) instead of the sex you want (because it doesn’t feel right to make a baby?)
3) Plus is it okay to have an orgasm after IVF? Why we should say vulva instead of vagina. And pelvic floor health for both men and women
Resources from this episode:
Download a free Chapter of Conceiving With Love here.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don't forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.
- babymaking and lovemaking,
- functional medicine fertility,
- functional medicine for pregnancy,
- functional nutrition and fertility,
- impact infertility on relationship,
- infertility and relationship problems,
- relationship stress and infertility,
- sex life and infertility,
- when is best time to have sex