Can The AIP Diet Help With Low AMH/High FSH?
Jan 24, 2022
We’re digging into the AIP diet and what you need to know if you are TTC.
We get a lot of questions about the AIP (autoimmune protocol) diet and if it is right for fertility. As you may know, we specialize with complex cases such as low AMH, high FSH, diminished ovarian reserve and premature ovarian insufficiency.
Most people who come to me are eating a “clean” diet. They’ve made the generalized recommendations for fertility but it’s still not working.
We always suggest that both you and your partner start the elimination diet and then further tweak the diet with food sensitivity testing and then potentially an AIP diet if necessary.
But what if you have an autoimmune disease should you consider the AIP diet? Some studies have found that 1/5 of the time premature ovarian insufficiency is actually tied to autoimmunity.
We break down the exact steps to consider so that you don’t waste time on strategies that leave you further away from pregnancy success.
I'm excited to welcome Justine Altman back to the podcast.
Justine is part of my team here at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program - which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility...your body is desperately trying to tell you something...focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic it will improve your chances of success.
Justine is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner. She was diagnosed with PCOS and struggled with infertility but after taking a functional approach was able to have both her children naturally.
In this episode you'll learn:
- What is the AIP diet and when is it best used for someone with low AMH, high FSH and/or on the fertility journey
- What the studies say about the AIP diet and autoimmune disease
- The difference between paleo and AIP diet
- What is the best duration for the AIP diet
- How to reduce potential overwhelm with the AIP diet
- What exactly do we eat and not eat on the AIP diet
5:48 INTRO & WELCOME JUSTINE ALTMAN
7:05 HOW WE INCORPORATE THE AIP DIET INTO THE FAB FERTILE METHOD
7:49 WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE AIP DIET
- What is the AIP diet?
- The foods the AIP diet focuses on
- The problem with many “filling” foods in the standard American diet
- We’re removing the foods that cause inflammation and focusing on the ones that give us a lot of nutrients.
10:24 GUT HEALTH, HORMONE BALANCE & THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
- Foods that contribute to leaky gut
- How leaky gut affects the body
- It’s really important that the food we’re eating is nutrient dense.
- The connection between our diet and our hormones
- How the nutrient-dense focus of the AIP Diet helps us with our hormone health
- Benefits of the AIP diet for the immune system
15:15 THE AIP DIET VS. THE PALEO DIET
- Main differences between AIP and Paleo diets
- Nutrient-dense foods that cause inflammation in many people
- The body isn’t meant to consume large quantities of nuts.
- Why many of us develop symptoms after switching our diets
- We do better when we get a bigger variety of foods.
19:22 THE AIP DIET & AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE
- Improving the symptoms associated with autoimmune diseases
21:24 WHY DO THE AIP DIET WHEN YOU’RE TRYING TO GET PREGNANT?
- The effect of stress on your ability to conceive
- Hormone imbalance is a symptom of a problem further upstream.
- Types of stressors that affect the body
- Diet is a major factor in the stress on the body.
23:43 HOW LONG SHOULD YOU FOLLOW THE AIP DIET?
- Doing it as perfect as we can for the first 30 days
- Reintroducing other paleo foods
- Recognizing the signs that your body isn’t ready for a specific type of food
- The absolute last things to reintroduce should be the things that are the highest inflammatory foods.
26:34 RESOURCES TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE AIP DIET
- Keeping it simple
- Dinner on the AIP diet
- We’re not looking for perfection, we do as well as we can.
30:52 FOODS TO AVOID
Excited that our LIVE Fertility Diet Challenge is launching on January 24th. You'll receive newly designed chef-prepared recipes (perfect for winter and curated to optimize fertility). There will be daily motivation, guidance and support from the Fab Fertile Team. Join the Fertility Diet Challenge: FertilityDietFreebie.com
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 81: How And Why To Do An Elimination Diet
- Episode 111: AIP Diet For Hashimoto’s And Why This Matters If You Are TTC
- Episode 79: What To Do If You Have Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and Infertility
- Episode 46: Autoimmune Disease And The Link To Infertility
- Episode 177: How To Cook Easy Recipes That Are Good For Fertility
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 188: How To Not Waste Time When You Are TTC
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health.
Visit FabFertileStore.com to get your 15% discount.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!