How This Easy At-Home Test Can Improve Pregnancy Success with Khaled Kteily
Oct 24, 2022
We’re digging into at-home semen testing and why this can help when TTC.
Although we specialize in complex cases such as low AMH, high FSH, diminished ovarian reserve, and premature ovarian insufficiency, more couples are coming to us with both female and male factor infertility.
The Fab Fertile Method is effective at addressing both male and female fertility conditions.
Even if the male partner tells us his semen analysis is fine, we always include a blood chemistry review and a review of his semen analysis using functional reference ranges (these are or optimal levels – so it flags it earlier before it goes to disease) to ensure no healing opportunities have been missed.
So many women are making all the diet and lifestyle changes and the male partner may be supportive and willing to change – but he may not know what can be done to optimize his fertility.
That is why we coach couples. It’s not only about getting the female healthy for pregnancy – the male partner must be included to increase the chances of getting pregnant naturally.
But let's face it: what male relishes the process of getting a semen analysis?
Imagine if there was a way he could avoid the uncomfortable and often expensive experience of leaving a sample at the doctor's office or fertility clinic and reliably test his fertility without leaving your home.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Differences between an in-office semen analysis and an at-home test kit
- The markers that could be missed in the doctor’s kit and what matters when you are TTC
- Diet, lifestyle and supplement recommendations to improve semen quality
03:57 WELCOME KHALED KTEILY
04:45 KHALED’S JOURNEY TO LEGACY
- How Khaled’s experience with a traditional sperm clinic led to him creating Legacy
06:45 SPERM QUALITY IS OFTEN OVERLOOKED
- Infertility is much more common than people think and it’s just as likely to
- In a heterosexual couple, infertility is about as likely to be from the female as the male partner
- We need to shift the conversation: infertility is not a female issue
08:50 AT-HOME VS. CLINIC
- The experience of semen sample collection with legacy vs. a traditional clinic setting
- How Legacy makes semen analysis easy and more affordable while delivering digestible insights
- The parameters that are assessed and reported on when you use Legacy
12:35 THE STEADY DECLINE IN MALE FERTILITY
- Sperm concentrations have decreased by 50-60% over the past 40 years.
- Advanced paternal age has a more significant impact than was previously thought
- Every person in the United States has a measurable amount of phthalates.
- We’re constantly bombarded with environmental toxins
- How you can start to reduce your exposure
15:39 LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR IMPROVING SPERM QUALITY
- Sperm is an excellent biomarker of your overall health.
- Optimizing your diet and lifestyle for sperm health
- Within just a few months, you can make a significant improvement in sperm quality
19:18 ALCOHOL & SPERM QUALITY
22:10 DNA FRAGMENTATION & FERTILITY
- A lot of male infertility is believed to result from genetic issues.
- High DNA fragmentation is associated with negative pregnancy outcomes
24:14 SUPPLEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SPERM HEALTH
25:58 SHIFTING THE FERTILITY LANDSCAPE
- We’re seeing a seismic shift in the way society thinks about fertility.
- Legacy handles more sperm than any fertility clinic in America
- Legacy Male Fertility Guides
27:26 SPERM FREEZING
- You can freeze sperm indefinitely with zero loss in quality.
- Men in the military are twice as likely to face infertility as civilians.
- Legacy’s sperm storage protocols and technology-enabled processes
- The Book on Legacy Fertility Operations
30:51 THE FUTURE OF LEGACY
31:36 KHALED’S CURRENT OBSESSIONS
32:26 LEGACY SUCCESS STORIES
- How Legacy humanizes the path to parenthood
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Check out Legacy here for more details about home semen analysis.
Please note when promoting a product we only select products that either Sarah Clark or her team has tried and believe are beneficial for someone who is TTC. We may receive a small commission.
Learn More & Connect with Khaled Kteily and Legacy
- Legacy's Website
- Call Legacy: Phone +1 617 514 0901
- Legacy on Instagram @GiveLegacyInc
- Khaled Kteily on Medium
Mentioned in this episode
- Shanna Swan’s Book | Count Down: How Our Modern World Is Threatening Sperm Counts, Altering Male and Female Reproductive Development, and Imperiling the Future of the Human Race
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 364: Why This Is My Top Suggestion For Anyone On The Fertility Journey
- Episode 209: How To Improve Low Sperm Count, Motility and DNA Fragmentation
- Episode 210: How To Improve Declining Sperm Counts And Egg Quality with Dr. Shanna Swan
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck. It's not about deprivation, it’s eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
Our Autumn Fertility Recipe Guide is ready for you! Grab your FREE copy at FertilityDietFreebie.com.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
This is a 5-day challenge where you’ll learn how food impacts your body. You won't be drinking green juice and starving. Start this challenge today with your partner.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Leela Quantum Tech
Shield yourself from EMF nasties with Leela Quantum Tech!
LeelaQ Tech is leading the way in natural health innovation, combining science and quantum energy healing into an elegant and simple-to-use collection of products optimized for everyday use.
My favourite is their Leela Quantum H.E.A.L. Energy Capsule: https://leelaq.com/product/leela-quantum-h-e-a-l-capsule/
Learn more at https://leelaq.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9