How To Deepen Faith From A Christian Perspective During Fertility Journey
Dec 15, 2021
Tiffany Jo Baker joins us as we're digging into deepening your Christian faith during the fertility journey.
Welcome to day #4 of our series on faith and fertility.
When we are faced with a fertility diagnosis such as low AMH, high FSH, premature ovarian insufficiency, or diminished ovarian we may feel shocked, hopeless, lost, and overwhelmed.
We may even question our body’s ability to procreate.
Today I’ll be discussing how our faith can help us during our fertility journey.
Because we can change our diet, improve our sleep, do all the latest tests to optimize our fertility, but it is equally important to work on our mindset and the belief that we are parents the moment we begin trying to conceive.
Our Fab Fertile Method includes a mind, body spirit approach to fertility. All steps are necessary – not all at once – but layered in a personalized approach.
Today I’m excited to welcome Tiffany Jo Baker. Tiffany Jo is part of my team at Fab Fertile. Tiffany Jo is a surrogate mom who has carried five babies for three families dealing with infertility and a wife of 21+ years to an extreme outdoorsman. She is a certified life, relationship, and corporate communication coach with a Master's Degree in Professional Counseling and over 20 years of marriage and family ministry experience.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to deepen our connection to God during the fertility journey from an Islamic perspective
- What to do if someone says it’s God’s plan, or God’s revenge during the fertility journey
- How does scripture help during the stages of grief
- The rules around the Christian faith and how this can impact us (i.e. may not be able to utilize assisted reproduce technology)
- How to make churches welcoming to a couple who is trying to conceive as there are many triggers (i.e. families, children, and pregnant bellies)
- How serving others can help us when we are in the middle of struggle
Excited that our LIVE Fertility Diet Challenge is launching on Nov 8th. You'll receive newly designed chef-prepared recipes (perfect for autumn and curated to optimize fertility). There will be daily motivation, guidance, and support from the Fab Fertile Team. Join the Fertility Diet Challenge here>>>>http://fertilitydietfreebie.com/
Apply here to work with us - https://bit.ly/getpregnantpodcast During our call we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges.
This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call.
However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
05:06- INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE AND TIFFANY JO BAKER’S BIO
06:05- TIFFANY JO BAKER’S PERSONAL STORY OF BECOMING A SURROGATE MOM
07:52- HOW CAN WE DEEPEN OUR FAITH DURING THE FERTILITY JOURNEY?
- Building a relationship with God and reframing how we view God
- Being around people who hold our same values
09:46- REFRAMING OUR JOURNEY AND NOT SEEING IT AS A PUNISHMENT
- Being aware of how we view God (seeing mercy)--“It’s okay if we are broken to go to Him.”
- What research shows about how we view God--“The more loving the relationship is, the better the outcomes mentally and physically we will have.”
12:10- IS THIS GOD’S PLAN OR WRATH?
- Couple of tips dealing with the Christian cliches
- “What is God saying to YOU about this journey?”
- Looking back and understanding the “why”
- "God doesn't cause all things but he uses all things.”
15:00- DO ALL THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON?
- Seeing the big picture in our lives- seeing God as a “good” God
16:15- HOW CAN WE USE SCRIPTURE TO HELP WITH THE STAGES OF GRIEF?
- “Problems can come with the way we handle tough emotions”
- “Renewing your mind” and being in scripture
- “Crisis reveals what is in us.” and deciding what you believe
20:13- NAVIGATING THE TRIGGERS FOUND IN YOUR COMMUNITY
- Being cautious to not self-isolate and what studies are showing about church attendance
25:30- WHAT ABOUT RULES AROUND FAITH? HOW CAN THAT ADD CHALLENGES?
- Understanding difference in denominations
25:25- HOW DO WE TURN TOWARD OUR PARTNER DURING THIS AND NOT AWAY?
- Understanding what your spouse brings to the table and being a “we” couple
28:38- WHAT ABOUT THE EMPHASIS ON SERVICE?
- “Serving others is a part of that keep on living piece”
30:15- FAVORITE RESOURCES AND WHERE YOU CAN CONNECT WITH JO
31:33- FINAL THOUGHTS
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/blog/how-to-get-pregnant-naturally-with-low-amh-high-fsh/
How To Not Waste Time When You Are TTC - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/blog/how-not-to-waste-time-when-you-are-ttc/
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):