How To Improve Hot Flashes, Hormone Imbalance And POI
Dec 08, 2021
Dr. Kirstie Cunningham joins us today as we're digging into how to deal with hormone imbalance, hot flashes, and POI.
Over the last few weeks, we’ve been talking about a functional approach for premature ovarian insufficiency.
I know I had hot flashes and signs of hormone imbalance years before I was diagnosed with premature ovarian insufficiency at 28.
I had no idea there were targeted strategies I could take that would help to get pregnant naturally.
When we combine the best of the functional approach and conventional medicine we can improve our chances of pregnancy success with our own eggs.
Today I’m welcoming Dr. Kirstie Cunningham She is a Board Certified Physician specializing in both Obstetrics and Gynecology.
In this episode you'll learn:
- The conventional approach to premature ovarian failure/insufficiency
- What we would you do differently if we were diagnosed with POI
- What is regularly missed with someone who receives an infertility diagnosis
- The business of IVF and what you can do to improve your chances of pregnancy success.
Download free guide: 9 Easy Ways To End Hot Flashes: https://www.menopology.com/end-your-hot-flashes-1
07:12- INTRO TO TODAY'S EPISODE AND DR. KRISTIE CUNNINGHAM'S BIO
08:38- DR. KRISTIE CUNNINGHAM'S PERSONAL FERTILITY JOURNEY
- In high school having irregular periods and in college experiencing hot flashes
- Being diagnosed with POF and walking through a failed egg donor attempt
- Sarah’s journey and being told to immediately go to donor eggs
- The emotional side to infertility and being sensitive to where couples are on their fertility journey
24:40- THOUGHTS ON THE CONVENTIONAL APPROACH
- “Sometimes it’s easy to miss the diagnosis.”
- The importance of focusing on diet and sexual health
27:34- LESSONS LEARNED: STRESS OF THE DIAGNOSIS & DEALING WITH LIFE
30:08- DR. KRISTIE CUNNINGHAM’S THOUGHTS ON IVF
- “You only need one ovary, one tube, and a uterus to get pregnant.”
31:24- PRECONCEPTION HEALTH
- Folic acid, and lifestyle changes
32:58- AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN: HIGHER RATES OF INFERTILITY
- Stats and suggestions for how to help
36:15- THOUGHTS ON BIOIDENTICAL HORMONES
- Decreasing inflammatory markers and the importance of proper monitoring
39:15- DR. KRISTIE CUNNINGHAM'S FAVORITE RESOURCES
39:45- DR. KRISTIE CUNNINGHAM'S SUCCESS STORY
39:57- DR. KRISTIE CUNNINGHAM'S FREE DOWNLOAD
- Tips on de-stressing throughout your day
- “Stress is a big trigger for hot flashes.”
42:52- DR. KRISTIE CUNNINGHAM'S FINAL THOUGHTS
- “If you are trying to get pregnant- it is possible.”
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health)
- Visit BLUBlox website at: http://bit.ly/BLUBlox
- Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Functional Medicine 101 - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/blog/functional-medicine-101-and-your-fertility/
Why Addressing These Factors Matters if You Have POI/POF: http://getpregnant.libsyn.com/website/why-addressing-these-factors-matters-if-have-poipof
How To Get Pregnant Naturally with Low AMH/High FSH: https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/blog/how-to-get-pregnant-naturally-with-low-amh-high-fsh/
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):