How to Know if the Thyroid is Functionally Optimally for Pregnancy Success
Dec 09, 2021
Today's question is: How do I know if my thyroid is functioning optimally to improve my chances of pregnancy success?
Welcome to our daily Q&A show - Ask The Fertility Experts. We're answering your fertility questions so that you can optimize your chances of pregnancy success with your own eggs. We specialize in low AMH, high FSH, diminished ovarian reserve, and premature ovarian insufficiency.
To submit your question send me a DM (direct message) on Instagram @fabfertileinc - https://www.instagram.com/fabfertileinc/ We''ll answer your question on an upcoming episode.
I'm Sarah Clark, Founder of Fab Fertile Inc. and your host. Today a member of the Fab Fertile team joins me - Dr. Tabatha Barber. Dr. Tabatha is triple board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, menopause, and functional medicine.
05:13- TODAY’S QUESTION: HOW TO KNOW IF THE THYROID IS FUNCTIONALLY OPTIMALLY FOR PREGNANCY SUCCESS
- This is a theme we see with most couples we work with & Sarah’s personal story
05:50- DR. TABATHA BARBER’S INITIAL RESPONSE
- Conventional doctors are normally only looking at a tiny piece of the thyroid puzzle
- How T3 and T4 interact (& were dysfunctional can take place)
- In conventional medicine: “We are calling people normal when they are not.”
- The importance of seeing the FULL picture and not relying on small “snippets”
07:53- THOUGHTS ON MEDICATION FOR ELEVATED THYROID
- When would we use medication and what types of medication we should use?
- Another piece of the puzzle that is often missed
- Sometimes you need medication but “Medication is not a life sentence.”
- Medication should be super individualized and reevaluated often
11:01- THOUGHTS ON DESICCATED THYROID
- The different responses individuals have and the importance of working with the right provider
- “The one size fits all approach may not be right for you.”
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):