How To Make Sex More Pleasurable When You Are TTC
Jul 18, 2022
We’re digging into sexual health and how we can increase intimacy while TTC.
Ultimately what we all want is connection. During the fertility journey, the connection with our partner may be strained, and intimacy can be less about pleasure and more about babymaking.
What if we could reconnect and deepen our connection with our partner? What if truly being present, vulnerable, and sharing was the road to deeper intimacy and better sex life?
We can learn how to create a safe space so we can ask for what we really want in the bedroom. We can move away from the thinking mind and really feel into our body. Being present for what feels good. This can help reduce the stress hormones, which will get us in the perfect space for making our future baby.
But it doesn't have to be all so serious. We’re talking erotica, sex toys, fantasies and everything you need to know to make it fun and steamy between the sheets when you are TTC.
Today I'm excited to welcome Trish Wright to the podcast. Trish is a certified sex and relationship coach.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What a session with a sex educator looks like so that you can take your sex life to the next level while TTC
- How to increase sensuality and spirituality in your relationship
- How to have an agreement on how much you will share with your friends about your sex life
- Benefits of orgasm for male and female
- How to normalize self-pleasure (We discuss how to introduce sex toys, erotica and talking to your partner about fantasies)
2:27 WELCOME TRISH & INTRODUCE TODAY’S TOPIC
3:44 TRISH’S JOURNEY TO BECOMING A SEX EDUCATOR
5:39 RECONNECTING WITH YOUR PARTNER
- We have to look at the whole person.
- Why Trish combines many modalities in relationship coaching
- It might take more space and time for a man to get in touch with his wants and needs.
- Find ways to cultivate curiosity and authentic sharing through vulnerability.
10:36 WHAT A SESSION WITH A SEX EDUCATOR LOOKS LIKE
- How Trish works with partners together and individually
- Why it’s important to work with a coach who creates a safe, judgment-free space
- Acceptance and compassionate empathy are the foundations of my practice.
15:43 INCREASING SENSUALITY IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP
- Focusing on sensation is a relaxing place for your nervous system.
- How coregulation works
- Why joy and intimacy are underestimated on the fertility journey
22:42 CONNECTING ON A SPIRITUAL LEVEL
- What it means to bring the divine into every aspect of your life
25:24 EPIC SELF-CARE
- If you’re not doing your self-care, you can’t be available for your partner.
- The numerous physiological benefits of sex
30:24 THE IMPORTANCE OF SELF-PLEASURE
- The incredible benefits of self-pleasure
- What self-pleasure means
34:00 SELF-PLEASURE REVOLUTION
- The world is starting to open up and realize that pleasure is important.
- How porn is changing as we move away from a male-centric focus
- Creating real-life erotic connection through more authentic and connected porn
40:20 CONSENT CONVERSATIONS
- How to ease into conversations about new things you want to try
- Intimacy comes out of shared vulnerability without judgment.
43:34 TRISH’S TOP BOOK & SHOW RECOMMENDATIONS RIGHT NOW
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
Connect with Trish Wright
- Trish Wright’s Website
- Email Trish at email@example.com for date night ideas, her self-empathy tool, and research and resources around the benefits of sex
- The Self-Love Show
Are you stuck in a food rut? Not sure exactly what to eat to enhance your fertility? Our Summer Fertility Recipe Guide is ready for you! Grab your FREE copy at FertilityDietFreebie.com.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 354: The Benefits of Joy And The Impact On Pregnancy Success
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health.
Visit FabFertileStore.com to get your 15% discount.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!