How To Optimize Nutrition During the Early Weeks Of Pregnancy
May 28, 2019
I'm excited to welcome Lily Nichols to the podcast.
We're digging into how to optimize nutrition during the early weeks of pregnancy.
Lily Nichols is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator, researcher, and author with a passion for evidence-based prenatal nutrition and exercise. Drawing from the current scientific literature and the wisdom of traditional cultures, her work is known for being research-focused, thorough, and sensible. Her bestselling book, Real Food for Gestational Diabetes (and online course of the same name), presents a revolutionary nutrient-dense, lower carb diet for managing gestational diabetes. Her unique approach has not only helped tens of thousands of women manage their gestational diabetes (most without the need for blood sugar-lowering medication), but has also influenced nutrition policies internationally.
Lily’s second book, Real Food for Pregnancy, is an evidence-based look at the gap between conventional prenatal nutrition guidelines and what's optimal for mother and baby. With over 930 citations, this is the most comprehensive text on prenatal nutrition to date.
Lily is also creator of the popular blog, www.LilyNicholsRDN.com, which explores a variety of topics related to real food, mindful eating, and pregnancy nutrition.
What should be a happy time is often fraught with worry...especially around what we should eat. Whether you are pregnant or on the fertility journey this episode is not to be missed.
What we place on our fork does matter for our fertility and pregnancy.
In this episode you'll learn:
1) The conventional prenatal plan and what it is missing. Why making the switch to non GMO and organic matters. Check out our powerful episode with Zen Honeycutt from Mom's Across America here.
2) How to optimize pregnancy especially after struggling with infertility and/or loss.
3) We talk about caffeine, salt, seafood and more. Plus what to do about cravings and aversions, which labs to ask your doctor to check, environmental toxins (is it safe to detox toxins) and which foods to eat!
Download your free fertility yoga video. In this 20 minute intro video we focus on a calming and peaceful practice to connect back to our heart. These simple yoga poses can help quiet negative thoughts and make you feel more in. www.yogafreebie.com Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don't forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.
- functional medicine and fertility,
- functional medicine and nutrition,
- functional medicine for anxiety and depression,
- functional medicine infertility,
- infertility mind body connection,
- pregnancy after infertility,
- pregnancy after infertility and loss,
- pregnancy after loss,
- pregnancy foods do's and don'ts,
- what to eat first few weeks pregnancy