How To Optimize Pregnancy Success When You Have Been Diagnosed With Cancer
Sep 12, 2022
We’re digging into what to do if you’ve been diagnosed with cancer while on the fertility journey and how to prevent cancer.
I have received many requests to provide information about navigating a cancer diagnosis while trying to conceive.
Many of us have been touched by cancer, perhaps through a personal diagnosis or by a family member, friend, or colleague diagnosed with the disease. A cancer diagnosis can be an overwhelming experience and challenges individuals in ways sometimes hard to imagine.
Conventional medicine tells us that chemotherapy, radiation and surgery are the only treatment options.
While those options may be right for some, there are alternatives that we can consider.
It can be incredibly confusing to know where you can start to optimize pregnancy success after or during a cancer diagnosis.
This episode of Get Pregnant Naturally is a call to action.
If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer and are trying to conceive or know someone with cancer, please share this episode.
Today I’m excited to welcome Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy. Dr. Connealy is a prominent leader in the Integrative & Functional Medicine medical field. She is the medical director of two amazing clinics “The Cancer Center for Healing” & “Center for New Medicine”. Her clinics have seen over 47,000 patients and continue to grow. is the author of two books, The Cancer Revolution and Be Perfectly Healthy.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Recommendations for someone who has been diagnosed with cancer or finished treatment when they are ready to TTC
- Risks with fertility treatment (IVF) for someone with a history of breast cancer and cancer
- Thyroid cancer and where to start in preparing for pregnancy success
- Biomarkers for early cancer detection and prevention
- Top suggestions for cancer prevention and the final word on thermography vs. mammography
- How emotions/mindset impact cancer
2:40 WELCOME DR. LEIGH ERIN CONNEALY
3:58 DR. CONNEALY’S CAREER PATH
- Dr. Connealy’s experience as a DES daughter
- The unique perspective gained from Dr. Connealy’s health journey
- You can’t be an expert if you haven’t had a lot of detours.
10:29 INTRODUCING TODAY’S TOPIC
11:20 DR. CONNEALY’S RECOMMENDATIONS FOR TTC AFTER CANCER
- The alarmingly increasing rates of cancer
- Testing and protocols Dr. Connealy focuses on for cancer survivors who are TTC
- Energy precedes action.
- Parents’ health impacts the baby’s health.
- Dr. Connealy’s experience raising her now adult children without medication
18:59 GETTING PREGNANT AFTER BREAST CANCER
- Cancer is so much more aggressive when you’re young.
- We all need to be perpetual students and take our health into our hands
- Dr. Connealy’s targeted supplement protocol for fertility
- Nothing’s going to work until you’re committed to your health
- The importance of health possession
- Self-care is the new health care.
31:30 RADIOACTIVE IODINE TREATMENT
- The growing rate of thyroid cancer
- Thyroidectomy considerations
- Comprehensive thyroid testing is needed
- The thyroid is the center of the orchestra of your endocrine system.
38:04 CIRCULATING TUMOR CELLS
- Prevention is much easier than a cure
41:18 ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICITY & STRESS
- People have unbelievable stress today.
- We’re all bioenergetic beings.
- How to protect yourself when it comes to EMFs
- You must combine the best conventional medicine with updated medicine.
46:15 BIOMARKERS FOR EARLY DETECTION OF CANCER
- Don’t wait for a wake-up call to do something about your health.
49:33 BIOIDENTICAL HORMONES & CANCER RISK
- Bioidentical hormones do not cause cancer.
52:26 THERMOGRAPHY VS. MAMMOGRAMS
53:49 FINAL THOUGHTS
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
Connect with Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy
- Join Cancer Conversations here - https://cancercenterforhealing.com/events/
- Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy's Website - ConnealyMD.com
- Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy's Books:
- Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy on Instagram @ConnealyMD
- Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy's Clinics
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck. It's not about deprivation, it’s eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
Our Summer Fertility Recipe Guide is ready for you! Grab your FREE copy at FertilityDietFreebie.com.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
This is a 5-day challenge where you’ll learn how food impacts your body. You won't be drinking green juice and starving. Start this challenge today with your partner.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 364: Why This Is My Top Suggestion For Anyone On The Fertility Journey
- Episode 332: How To Know If Gluten Needs To Be Avoided When You Are TTC
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health.
Visit FabFertileStore.com to get your 15% discount.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!