Top Trends In Women's Health and Why This Matters If TTC
Aug 08, 2022
We’re digging into the top trends in women's health and femtech.
My goal for the podcast is to bring you cutting-edge practices in functional medicine, functional nutrition, mindset and spirituality so that you can increase your chances of pregnancy success.
I’m excited to share the latest in femtech, sexual health (yes, we’re talking erotica), at-home test kits, the newest research funding, how to know which companies to trust and way more.
Today I'm welcoming Georgie Kovacs back to the podcast. Georgie is the founder of Fempower Health, founded after her first-hand experience with infertility.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How to navigate healthcare dynamics to better inform the approach, especially if you’re struggling to get answers
- Our favourite wearables and femtech devices
- Sperm freezing, sexual health apps, plus at-home testing
3:33 WELCOME GEORGIE & INTRODUCE TODAY’S TOPIC
4:56 WHY WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND HEALTHCARE DYNAMICS
- Many of us realize that we need to know much more about our health when we struggle to get pregnant.
- We need to be proactive about our health.
- The challenges many women experience when trying to be more proactive
- How understanding the dynamics helps us navigate the healthcare space
- Why we often need sub-specialists to be a part of our health team
9:14 WEARABLES & OTHER FEMTECH DEVICES
- The wearables we use and love
- What can be measured using these devices
- Implications of having so many different devices and wearables on the market
12:19 TELEHEALTH & STARTUPS
- The evolution of telehealth services throughout the pandemic
- How startups are meeting the needs of women across their lifecycle
16:36 THE CHANGING FOCUS OF FEMTECH
- The shifting focus from period tracking and fertility to perimenopause and menopause
- We’re seeing more technology navigating into the “how” and optimizing technology and data.
20:43 AT-HOME TESTING
- At-home semen testing kits have been a gamechanger
- Consumers are left to piece together information from a very siloed health industry
- Tests are only the beginning.
- You need to work with a practitioner who can interpret the results and help you figure out the next steps
- The problem many doctors encounter because of the reliance on data
27:54 INNOVATIVE SEX EDUCATION
- Bringing back the intimacy is essential in the fertility journey
33:37 THE TRUST FACTOR
- The limitations of at-home testing and figuring out which companies to trust
36:39 CUSTOMIZED HEALTH SOLUTIONS
- People are leveraging data to find out where the root issues are
39:11 INCREASES IN SPECIALISTS & SUB-SPECIALISTS
- You almost have to find sub-specialists for all the different areas.
- Why more and more doctors are focusing on specific sub-specializations
41:43 HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO TO TRUST ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
- Try to find at least three sources that validate what you’re hearing.
- Pause and assess for the root cause.
45:09 EDUCATION & ADVOCACY GROUPS
- If you’re struggling to get answers, start with the advocacy groups.
- How to identify the right advocacy groups
- Be educated and proactive.
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
Connect with Georgie Kovacs & Fempower Health
- Website | Fempower-Health.com
- Fempower Health Podcast
Mentioned in this episode
- Wearable FemTech
- Telehealth/Clinics/At-Home Testing
- Sexual Health/Erotica
- North American Menopause Society | Find a Menopause Practitioner
- Dr. Jill Krapf (vulvar pain specialist)
- Dr. Lora Shahine (fertility specialist)
Are you stuck in a food rut? Not sure exactly what to eat to enhance your fertility? Our Summer Fertility Recipe Guide is ready for you! Grab your FREE copy at FertilityDietFreebie.com.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 356: How To Look Beyond The Fertility Diagnosis So That You Can Improve Pregnancy Success
- Episode 165: How To Know Which Questions To Ask Your Doctor When You Are TTC with Georgie Kovacs
- Episode 355: How This Method Can Help Better Predict Your Fertile Window with Luna Hart
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health.
Visit FabFertileStore.com to get your 15% discount.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/resources/
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!