Why An Abundance Mindset Matters When You Are TTC
Sep 19, 2022
We’re digging into how to cultivate an abundance mindset when you are TTC.
Getting stuck in a scarcity mindset on the fertility journey is easy. After all, a well-meaning physician may have told you that your AMH is too low, your FSH is too high, IVF is your only chance (and even then, there is a small chance of it working ), or that donor eggs are your only option.
This can leave us feeling:
- Stuck in comparison
- Easily triggered
All of these emotions are entirely normal. Let that sink in. No judgment is needed.
What if we could look at our journey to conceive in a new light?
There is tons of research that displays the power of having an abundance mindset.
People with an abundance mindset are:
- Happy for others
- More likely to embrace change
- Grateful and appreciative
- Not resentful of missed opportunities because they know more are coming
- Aware that there is enough to go around and they are worthy
So how do we cultivate an abundance mindset and keep the scarcity mindset at bay?
Samantha Coffin is part of my team at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program – which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility, your body is desperately trying to tell you something. Focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally, or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic, it will improve your chances of success. Samm is a mindset and wellness coach.
Samm is a wellness and mindset coach supporting people's transitions from a life full of surviving to THRIVING! Samm herself lives with celiac, Lyme, endometriosis, and PCOS.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Why cultivating an abundance mindset matters when you are TTC.
- How to finally leave behind the scarcity mindset and visualize pregnancy success
- Five (5) practices to incorporate into your daily routine that can rewire your neurological pathways so you can tap into peace and joy during the TTC journey.
- How to let go of the panic, go with the flow (yes, releasing the PLAN can be scary, but the pathway to abundance) and understand your body wants to procreate
03:51 WELCOME SAMANTHA COFFIN
04:47 INTRODUCING TODAY’S TOPIC
- The rush and panic fed by the fertility industry
06:31 THE POWER OF ABUNDANCE MINDSET
- An abundance mindset is essential, but it can be challenging to get there.
- The importance of holding on to your belief
09:44 CULTIVATING SELF-AWARENESS
- Recognizing the deeper impact of negative self-talk
- Notice, then progress.
- Physical signs of unwanted emotions
14:24 THE POWER OF GRATITUDE & INTENTIONAL OPTIMISM
- We have to find the moments to be celebrated every day.
18:20 CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCES
- How our mindset and perspectives are connected to our childhood
- Working on becoming the parent you want to be
- Reparent your childhood experience
22:39 REFRAMING YOUR THOUGHTS
- Identifying and reframing your recurring negative self-talk
- Techniques you can use to write a different story for yourself
- How you can find safety in your body to be able to conceive
28:07 FIXED MINDSET VS. GROWTH MINDSET
- Your mindset impacts your actions
- We’re striving for progress, not perfection.
- Perfectionism leads to stress.
- Practice giving yourself grace.
- How to start making changes in smaller increments
33:03 LEARNING SOMETHING NEW
- Practice having an abundance mindset while learning something small that you enjoy
- Flexing your creativity muscle
- Mixing up your date night with non-food activities
37:46 DAILY AFFIRMATIONS
- This is definitely a fake it ‘til you make it thing
- Affirmations give you the power to change your story.
- Put affirmations all over your house and tell your partner about them
- Affirmations you can start with
41:26 EMBRACING THE POSSIBILITIES
- Your life is as good as your mindset.
- Finding the right team to help you with a personalized, targeted plan to reach your goal of getting pregnancy
- We’re here to show you that there’s hope
47:18 FINAL THOUGHTS
- You are worthy of having a baby.
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Get your FREE Guide to learn specific steps you can take right now to improve Low AMH/High FSH | Top Diet And Lifestyle Tips To Optimize Low AMH/high FSH And Improve Fertility
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 356: How To Look Beyond The Fertility Diagnosis So That You Can Improve Pregnancy Success
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
A healthy gut is essential for preconception health for both men and women and a probiotic is a good first step to help improve gut health!
Not all probiotics are created equal. That’s why the Fab Fertile team and our clients love MegaSporeBiotic, typically available exclusively from practitioners.
I’m excited to announce that you can access this probiotic when you visit our Fab Fertile Store.
Visit FabFertileStore.com and use code VIP15 to save 15% off your order.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9