Why Blaming Your Hormones For The Weight Is The Wrong Approach
Dec 13, 2021
Stu Schaefer joins us today as we’re digging into how to finally lose the weight for good so that you can get pregnant naturally.
There can be so much confusion when you are trying to lose weight as you prepare for pregnancy success.
Is it your hormones?
Is it your willpower?
Is it too many calories?
Let’s break down the cause so you can finally lose the weight for good.
Today on the podcast, I’m excited to welcome Stu Schaefer. Stu is a 20-year award-winning weight-loss coach. He specializes in helping people reset their bodies so they can lose weight like they did in their 20s.
In this episode you'll learn:
- The little known cause of weight gain and why 8 times out of 10 it's not your hormones
- The first thing you must do to get permanent weight loss results
- The real reason diet don't work and we gain all the weight back
Take the Weight Loss Quiz here - https://stuschaefer.com/fabfertile
Apply here to work with us - https://bit.ly/getpregnantpodcast During our call we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges.
This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call.
However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
05:15- INTRO TO TODAY'S EPISODE AND STU SCHAEFER’S BIO
06:10- STU SCHAEFER’S PERSONAL STORY AND WHAT LEAD HIM TO THIS WORK
- Story with anorexia and how he understands how someone would not like their body
- “When someone can transform their body they literally empower themselves to transform their life.”
09:40- RESEARCH ON HIGHER BMI AND THE EFFECTS ON FERTILITY
- Body shame, high stress, and a case study with one of Stu’s clients
- Losing weight without starving yourself
14:00- THE RISKS OF CALORIE RESTRICTIONS & OVER-EXERCISING
- Stress on the body, losing your period (and still not losing weight!)
- “I’ve seen so many women not be able to get pregnant because of stress.”
- “You need to eat more, work out less, and when you do it correctly you put your body in the right state.”
- How too much cardio can affect your fertility
- Learning the healthy balance of how you treat the body and nourish it
17:38- EXERCISE RECOMMENDATIONS
- Results from a massive study on the optimal time for exercise (for weight loss)
- What is a catabolic state and why is it crucial?
- What is the optimal cardio tolerance? What about walking?
- Weight lifting recommendations- is there a sweet spot? How much should we be lifting?
- A case study with a woman who never worked out and starting lifting
26:47- BLOOD SUGAR IMBALANCE & WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
- Why he is not big on the “fads” within diet culture and doesn’t believe in cutting carbs
31:10- THYROID ISSUES AND WEIGHT LOSS
- Why do so many women seem to have issues with their thyroid?
- What Sarah is seeing with her clients and her personal story
- What studies are showing and the “spiral” many women go through in weight loss
- Why it is important to optimize the body and NOT rely on a “diet”
35:15- THE EMOTIONAL COMPONENT OF WEIGHT LOSS
- A story of a client who was self-sabotaging
- Feeling unworthy and self-limiting beliefs
- Being coachable and trusting the programs that you are in
- Different ways we self-sabotage ourselves
- “If you could have done it yourself you would have already done it.”
42:35- STU’S PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION: MINDSET
- Loving yourself for where you are now
- Sarah: Coaching couples who are viewing the diagnosis differently (optimistic or pessimistic)
45:44- STU’S FREE GIFT: FOR WEIGHT LOSS
46:58- STU’S FINAL THOUGHTS: GET CLEAR INFORMATION
Apply for your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
Why Assembling A Team Of Fertility Expert Fast Tracks Success - http://getpregnant.libsyn.com/website/why-assembling-a-team-of-fertility-experts-fast-tracks-pregnancy-success
Why Addressing These Factors Matter If You Have POI/POF - http://getpregnant.libsyn.com/website/why-addressing-these-factors-matters-if-have-poipof
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):