Why Estrogen Dominance Is Important When You Are TTC
Dec 17, 2021
Kate Vazquez join us today as we’re digging into estrogen dominance and why it matters if you are TTC.
If you are experiencing irregular periods, PMS, cramps, weight gain, or fatigue it may be estrogen dominance.
We work with couples that have low AMH, high FSH, diminished ovarian reserve, and premature ovarian insufficiency and even though in these cases estrogen may be low there could still be estrogen dominance.
Not addressing estrogen dominance has consequences for your health and fertility.
Today I’m excited to welcome Kate Vazquez to the podcast. Kate is a Functional Medicine Physician Assistant, Estrogen Dominance Expert, founder of Radiant Health, and Author of the book Estrogen Is A B*tch.
In this episode you'll learn:
- What is estrogen dominance and why does it matter when you are TTC
- How does estrogen get imbalanced and how do we address the underlying healing opportunities
- What are the consequences of not addressing estrogen dominance
- What are some strategies we can implement right now to help with estrogen dominance
Apply here to work with us - https://bit.ly/getpregnantpodcast During our call we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges.
This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call.
However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
05:58- INTRO TO TODAY'S EPISODE AND KATE VAZQUEZ’S BIO
06:49- KATE VAZQUEZ’S PERSONAL STORY
- What is estrogen dominance?
14:51- ESTROGEN DOMINANCE: WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS?
- The five top signs and other signs/disorders
- There are things we can do to help?
19:53- HOW DOES ESTROGEN BECOME IMBALANCED IN THE FIRST PLACE?
- What are you eating? How is the health of your gut?
- “Keep in mind not everyone will have symptoms of the gut.”
- What happens when there is an imbalance of the gut?
- Does your gut lining need to be healed? How do we support it?
- Stress, the importance of managing it, and how it impacts our hormones
- Toxins in our environment and how many chemicals we actually use on our body
- “Be mindful of the things that you are using. If you cannot pronounce it, stay away from it.”
- Finding the right products that work and transitioning products
37:07- THE CONSEQUENCES OF NOT TREATING ESTROGEN DOMINANCE
- “It is so important to test not treat- not all estrogen dominance is treated the same.”
- “It is so important to get your gut health checked.”
43:50- THE PILL- ESTROGEN DOMINANCE- AND INFERTILITY
- “The pill silences the underlying issues.”- understanding the long term impact
51:05- TOP THREE THINGS TO HELP WITH ESTROGEN DOMINANCE
- Clean 15, dirty dozen, focusing on nutrition and toxins in your home, reducing stress and more
54:25- WHERE YOU CAN CONNECT WITH KATE AND FINAL THOUGHTS
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/blog/how-to-get-pregnant-naturally-with-low-amh-high-fsh/
How To Not Waste Time When You Are TTC - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/blog/how-not-to-waste-time-when-you-are-ttc/
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):