Why Testing Genetics Provides A Targeted Plan To Improve Pregnancy Success
Dec 13, 2021
Dr. Piper Gibson joins us today as we’re digging into how testing genetics can improve the chances of pregnancy success.
As the saying goes, “genetics load the gun, and the environment pulls the trigger”. Unlike our genetic makeup, we do have some measure of control of what we bring into our lives. Such as what we eat, how much we sleep, when we move, our exposure to environmental toxins, mental-emotional stress, and more.
Our Fab Fertile Method emphasizes individualized science-based testing. No more guessing. Which fast tracks pregnancy success with your own eggs.
One of the tests we have access to and is included in the program is a genetics test. Many of you may have had genetic testing with your physician. This genetic testing is different and provides us with specific gene variants in both a female and male panel.
This information is then used to personalize targeted nutrition and lifestyle plan that pinpoints specific areas that conventional medicine may have missed so that you can get pregnant naturally.
Today on the podcast I’m excited to welcome Dr. Piper Gibson, Doctor of Advanced Holistic Nutrition and is a Board-Certified Doctor of Natural Medicine.
She is the Corporate Clinical Educator at GX Sciences.
In this episode you'll learn:
- Why reviewing your genetics can identify specific diet and lifestyle factors that stop wasted time (i.e. what are you predisposed to and how do you minimize your risk)
- Why the tests from ancestry or 23andme may not give you the simple actionable steps that are needed to fast-track pregnancy success.
- Why genetics testing can help with adherence (i.e. if you know you have a propensity for insulin resistance or thyroid imbalance for example - how do you prevent disease/illness – which ultimately improves fertility
Apply here to work with us - https://bit.ly/getpregnantpodcast During our call we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges.
This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call.
However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
05:00- INTRO TO TODAY'S EPISODE AND DR PIPER GIBSON'S BIO
05:48- DR. GIBSON’S PERSONAL JOURNEY & WHY SHE DOES THIS WORK
07:07 WHAT IS NUTRIGENOMICS & WHY DOES IT MATTER FOR FERTILITY?
- What does your body need? What can we remove for optimal health?
- What their testing tells them and how that information can improve your fertility journey
08:28- GENERIC GENE TESTING MOST FERTILITY SPECIALISTS USE (AND HOW WHAT WE DO IS DIFFERENT)
- “We are looking at how we can refine your diet and lifestyle to give you the optimal support.”
10:21- MALE AND FEMALE MARKERS (WALKTHROUGH)
- What are we looking for? What are these markers telling us?
- How genetic variants can help us personalize lifestyle recommendations
13:20- WHAT SIGNS ARE WE LOOKING FOR WITH MALE FACTOR INFERTILITY?
13:55- METABOLIC RISK FACTORS (2 IMPORTANT THINGS WE ARE LOOKING FOR)
- Why men might have higher levels of stress (and erectile dysfunction)
18:15- DOPAMINE AND NEUROTRANSMITTERS
19:35- BRIEF OVERVIEW OF FEMALE PANEL
- Understanding what your specific body needs nutritionally to support a pregnancy based on your unique panel
23:07- HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE MTHFR GENE MUTATIONS?
- “When you are just looking at the one gene you are skipping these other important factors.”
24:15- B12, POSSIBLE GENE MUTATIONS/VARIANTS, AND CLOT RISKS
- “Our whole point of all this testing is to give you the nutrients that you need.”
26:42- PATHWAYS TO BREAK DOWN ESTROGEN AND WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN WOMEN
- Should you be using hormone replacement therapy?
29:40- FOLLICULAR SENSITIVITY & HORMONE METABOLISM
35:00- VITAMIN D AND WHY IT MATTERS FOR FERTILITY
- Properly absorbing vitamin D & why we are looking at functional ranges Why is it low, to begin with?
37:02- AFTER WE GET THE REPORT HOW DO WE DEVELOP A PERSONALIZED PLAN?
- “I use this to create a roadmap. This is YOUR predisposition”
- How this helps with adherence- “It is the ultimate patient compliance. It is essential to have the roadmap.”
42:36- DR. GIBSON’S FUTURE PLANS FOR A “GENETIC ROADMAP FOR BETTER BEHAVIOR”
44:16- FERTILITY SUCCESS STORY
46:30- WALKTHROUGH WITH THE TEST KIT
47:26- THOUGHTS ON 23AndME AND ANSESTORY.COM
- “Our genes are not our destiny. We can take charge.”
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
Why Assembling A Team Of Fertility Expert Fast Tracks Success - http://getpregnant.libsyn.com/website/why-assembling-a-team-of-fertility-experts-fast-tracks-pregnancy-success
How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/blog/how-to-get-pregnant-naturally-with-low-amh-high-fsh/
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):