Are Omega-3s Necessary to Get Pregnant?
Apr 19, 2023
By now you may realize the importance of fat in our diets, especially Omega-3 fatty acids. We are exposed to many Omega-6s in our standard western diets and our bodies want a specific ratio of Omega-6 and Omega-3 in order to function optimally. Therefore Omega-3s are specifically crucial to the integrity of our overall health and not just our brain health like you may have heard before. We actually need Omega-3 to produce hormones like estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. This foundational supplement also helps to improve fertility and make conception easier by:
- Helping to regulate hormone levels in the body
- Improve ovulation
- Increase cervical mucus
- Positively influence uterine quality by promoting blood flow to the reproductive organs
- Balancing hormones in women
- Aids in the production of healthy sperm for men
Omega-3s are helpful way beyond fertility included but not limited to:
- Reducing inflammation
- Supporting healthy skin
- Help fighting autoimmune diseases
- Improving the length and quality of sleep
- Supporting a healthy heart
- Alleviating menstrual pain
- and so so much more!
How Will Omega-3s Impact My Fertility and Pregnancy
Now that we know Omega-3s are incredible brain food and the correct amount is necessary for full function of our body, it is easy to understand how crucial they are for brain growth and development of a baby. From eye and heart health to sleep and fighting off risk of autoimmune conditions, consuming a therapeutic dose of omega-3s while both trying to conceive and during pregnancy will greatly benefit your child!
Studies have shown children that’s mothers supplemented with a high quality omega-3 had:
- Better social and communication skills
- Higher intelligence
- Better relationship with sleep
- Less behavioral struggles
- Faster childhood development
- Decreased risk of ADHD and autism
Which Omega-3s should I take?
When looking for Omega-3s, we recommend krill oil or fish oil from a reputable source. It is extremely important for it to be tested for heavy metals. Krill oil has the benefit of astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant.
Quite honestly, Omega-3 is one supplement I will never go without.
Learn more about our Omega-3 and other basic supplements to support your fertility with our Fab For Life Naturals Fertility Collection. Use code LAUNCH15 to save 15%.