Are you "just dealing with" Leaky Gut while you are TTC?
Apr 25, 2023
There are so many symptoms that our society has begun to accept as “normal” when truly there is nothing normal about them. The problem is they are becoming more and more common and we are accepting them as just the way life is. The most common one we see is Leaky Gut.
Many of us has experienced one if not many of these common ailments:
- Constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux
- Anxiety, panic attacks, depression, ADHD
- Acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Joint pain, muscle pain or arthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis, Type I Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hashimoto’s or Lupus
Raise your hand, or better yet nod in frustrating agreement if you have experienced more than one of these and just accepted it and moved on with your day, your week or even your month or year? Why we are talking about these today is although you may have never realized it, these symptoms and many more can be linked to your inability to have a baby.
What is Leaky Gut?
Many times the root cause of complaints and disease listed above is a leaky gut. What is a leaky gut and how is it related to your infertility? When someone has a leaky gut (often referred to as intestinal permeability), the mucosal lining in your digestive tract is damaged or inflamed, which causes even bigger holes to develop in your net, so things that normally can’t pass through, are now able to.
Some of the things that can now pass through include proteins like gluten, bad bacteria and undigested foods particles. Toxic waste can also leak from the inside of your intestinal wall into your bloodstream causing an immune reaction. Your gut wall then becomes leaky, toxins and undigested food particles easily get into the body. Next our immune system kicks into high gear and attacks these foreign invaders.
When this happens repeatedly it increases inflammation in the gut, which causes more damage. It becomes a vicious cycle that can keep your symptoms such as infertility going strong unless the root cause of the leaky gut is removed.
What can be done?
With diet changes and nutritional therapies for a targeted amount of time, the health of the gut and body can be restored. If you are experiencing any “lightbulb” moments, take a few minutes to reflect on your own health. Did any of the health complaints listed above sound familiar to you? You can jot them down or simply make a mental note. Remember when we look at the whole person there are always opportunities for healing.
- Start to listen to your body by noticing when symptoms come on and what may be triggering them. Common triggers are foods, stress, environmental toxins, dehydration and lack of sleep.
- Begin taking foundational fertility supplements to support your whole body, including your gut microbiome (use LAUNCH15 to save 15%)
- Consider our Fertility Preparation Program
Fertility Preparation Program
In our Fab Fertile Couples Coaching Program, each couple starts with our Fertility Preparation Program where we help you to identify the link between your health complaints and your infertility. Recently, two of my clients made statements early on in the program that have really stuck with me.
- A man who had been living with chronic eczema his whole life, who had seen tons of medical experts had learned to “just live with it”. Yet after 10 days of eliminating dairy and gluten, his eczema was completely gone! He was in complete shock and both the instant relief and the fact that no one had ever made this recommendation to him.
- A woman who had been on the fertility journey for years, who thought she had tried everything, realized she had never in her life eaten in a way that served her body. After the 10 day fertility preparation diet, she told us, “I finally learned how to feed myself!” She learned that many of the common American foods she had always eaten caused her to have digestive discomfort, bloating, headaches, chronic fatigue and so much more. All of this has subsided since we helped her learn what foods serve her body and which ones don't!
What exactly is a Fertility Preparation Program?
While cleansing may seem like a fad or a celebrity-endorsed gimmick to lose weight fast, it has been around for thousands of years and goes way back to the Egyptians. Cleanses such as the juice cleanse, colon cleanse, liver cleanse have all become popular. These cleanses aim to reset the body, remove the toxins and help you lose weight.
Preparing your body for a baby is a little different. The Fertility Preparation Program is packed full of nutrient dense foods designed specifically for fertility, while eliminating the top allergens that could be disrupting your delicate endocrine system. The Fertility Preparation Program will help to improve egg health, sperm health, hormonal production and balance.
When many people think of cleansing they think of consuming only liquids and basically starving themselves. This is absolutely NOT what we do! We focus on supporting you in eating whole foods that nourish your body while learning the connection between diet, sleep, stress and joyful movement. We provide a list of comprehensive fertility supplements to support the delicate endocrine system.
The biggest takeaway: You will learn to listen to your body.
Your body will whisper to you and when you ignore it, it will shout at you, usually in the form of disease. Yes, infertility is a disease that affects 1 in 6 Canadians and 1 in 8 Americans. It is on the rise.
Ultimately, you will learn how to heal your body on all levels including physically, emotionally and spiritually. Sometimes it is more than food that is holding us back from having a baby. It could be our hectic busy lives or behavior and beliefs that no longer serve us. This is a mind, body, spirit cleanse.
No matter what your journey is, I beg of you to start noticing what your body is trying to tell you and no longer settle for a life full of symptoms.
Want to get pregnant this year? Grab your copy of the Ultimate Guide To Getting Pregnant This Year With Low AMH/High FSH.
Check out our Fab For Life Naturals Fertility Collection. Use code LAUNCH15 to save 15%