Breakfast recipe to boost your fertility
Feb 13, 2015
I love this recipe! It’s a great alternative to the regular pancakes that are loaded with processed sugar and white flour. These pancakes won’t spike your blood sugar (which is essential if you have PCOS) and will keep you satisfied longer.
You can also save the leftovers and pop them in the toaster for quick work week lunch.
Soy-free, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Egg-free, Corn-free, Processed Sugar-free, Candida Diet Approved
Almond Oat Cakes
Enjoy these “pancakes” guilt free, without the refined carbohydrates and refined sugar. The coconut cream is great to combat the symptoms of Candida.
yield: 2 servings prep:
5 minutes cook:
1 Tbsp ground flax
3 Tbsp warm water
1 cup gluten-free oats
1⁄4 cup almond meal
1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
pinch sea salt
1 1⁄4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1⁄2 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
1⁄2 cup + 2 Tbsp almond milk or other non-dairy milk
1 Tbsp unsweetened/unsalted almond butter
1 1⁄2 Tbsp grade b maple syrup
1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Combine flax meal with water and let stand for approximately 10 minutes.
- While flax “egg” forms, place oats, almond meal, cinnamon, sea salt, baking powder and vanilla into either a high speed blender or food processor. Pulse until well combined and oats become finely chopped.
- Add milk, almond butter, maple syrup and flax “egg”. Pulse until well mixed and a batter forms.
- Bring a pan or griddle to medium heat and coat with coconut oil.
- Pour batter onto heated griddle in 1⁄4 cup portions.
- Cook until bubbles form and edges turn golden brown.
- Flip pancakes and cook through.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Top with berries and coconut cream or a splash of maple syrup.
Note: Keep all the pancakes warm while finishing the last of the batch by placing them in a low heated oven.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here! Learn how functional medicine can help you have your baby.
- Category_Fab Fertile Blog,
- does gluten affect egg quality,
- fertility diet,
- fertility diet grocery list,
- gluten allergy and fertility,
- gluten fertility issues,
- gluten free fertility diet plan,
- gluten free infertility success stories,
- polycystic ovarian syndrome,
- unexplained infertility