Self Sabotage and the Fertility Journey
Jan 30, 2015
You are raring to go! Your end goal is a baby! You see the finish line! You are ready to make diet and lifestyle changes. You know it can boost your chances of conception. Still you have niggling doubts.
It may work for other people, but you don’t have the time, money, or self-discipline to follow through.
That’s self-sabotage throwing you a curve ball again!
Here are some thoughts that may come up during any change, especially more difficult changes like diet and lifestyle.
At the beginning there is likely to be resistance to change. It’s stepping out of the proverbial comfort zone and dipping your toe in the water. It may make you feel like running the opposite direction. We all know what happens when you run from fear, it chases you even faster!
Do you revert to old patterns of self doubt and worry and think of all the reasons why you can’t start or do you make one small step towards your goal?
Here’s when self-sabotage like to show up:
The first time is before you decide to commit.
- You make a list of excuses of why you don’t need a program to boost your fertility.
- You already know what to do, and you don’t need any help, thank you very much!
- Thing is, if you could do it alone, you already would have done it.
The next time is about two weeks into the program.
- The honeymoon phase is over, and it starts to get a little more difficult.
- Everything takes so much time to figure out.
- You want to go back to your old routine. You want to figure out how you can stop the program and give up. You are sick of being so “good.”
- Just so you know, that’s self-sabotage taking you off track again.
Instead of beating yourself up or running from change, take one small step each day. Place your running shoes beside your bed and commit to exercising for 5 minutes in the morning. Drink a glass of water before you grab for the sugary drink. Catch yourself when you start to worry about getting pregnant. Bring awareness to those thoughts that send you on a downward spiral of negativity. No need to judge the thoughts – just become aware of how often they show up. Remember to show yourself some kindness.
Here’s a great quote by Jim Rohn – your life does not get better by chance, but by change. What are you waiting for? Time to take the first step.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here! Learn how functional medicine can help you have your baby.