How This Method Can Help Better Predict Your Fertile Window
Jun 27, 2022
We’re digging into the fertility awareness method and how this can help us more accurately track our fertile days.
Many women we work with have irregular cycles, absent cycles, absent cervical mucus, anovulation, excessive or light bleeding with periods, irregular basal body temperature and more.
This can be very frustrating because our menstrual cycle gives us vital clues that tell us a lot about our fertility. And if you’re relying on ovulation predictor kits, you may be missing essential information that can help optimize your preconception health.
The good news is that our clients see dramatic positive changes in their cycle when they implement targeted diet and lifestyle changes outlined in our Fab Fertile Method.
In sexual health class, they certainly never taught us to check our cervical mucus or what our basal body temperature can mean for our health.
Let’s learn how to track our cycle to optimize our chances of pregnancy success.
Luna Hart is part of my team at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program - which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility, your body is desperately trying to tell you something. Focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic, it will help you get pregnant with your eggs.
Luna is a functional diagnostic nutrition practitioner and fertility awareness method educator.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The difference between peak cervical mucus and non-peak cervical mucus and why this matters when you are TTC
- How to check for cervical mucus
- How to start tracking your basal body temperature (BBT)
- How to accurately track your cycle using our favourite free app
- What to do if you don’t ovulate, or your period is absent or irregular
- Pros and cons of ovulation predictor kits
2:20 WELCOME LUNA & INTRODUCE TODAY’S TOPIC
4:04 THE FERTILITY AWARENESS METHOD (FAM)
- How FAM works and why it matters when you’re trying to conceive
- Which biomarkers to track in the Symptothermal Method
- Many of us grew up with the false notion that we’re fertile all the time.
- The extra benefits of tracking your cycle
- Using this method we can get a clear outlook on timing and have more success.
7:23 PEAK CERVICAL FLUID
- Getting to know what your baseline or dry day looks and feels like
- When you’re doing your checks, you’ll start to notice something different.
- Understanding your fertile and infertile patterns
- What the different textures of your cervical fluid mean
- Signs of peak cervical fluid
- Non-peak cervical fluid looks different for everybody
- Cervical fluid allows sperm to live and survive for many days.
13:00 THE LACK OF EDUCATION ON CERVICAL FLUID
- Cervical fluid is a sign of good health.
- Why it’s best to resolve infections and hormonal imbalances before starting FAM
- Giving yourself grace and time to understand your body’s patterns
16:37 HOW TO CHECK YOUR CERVICAL FLUID
- Getting into a daily routine
- Which aspects of your cervical fluid you should track
20:22 GETTING IN TOUCH WITH OUR BODIES
- It can be so healing to reconnect with this fluid.
- Many of us have old programs from our upbringing that told us we’re not supposed to touch
24:10 TRACKING BASAL BODY TEMPERATURE (BBT)
- What an elevated basal body temperature signals
- How cervical mucus and BBT checks together help you understand your cycle
- How to check your BBT
- Tools you can use to record your BBT
- It doesn’t take much time but it takes some discipline.
30:56 BEST PRACTICES FOR CYCLE TRACKING
- Day 1 of your cycle is the first day of flowing blood.
- How to record your symptoms in Kindara
35:30 CHECKING YOUR CERVIX
- Getting to know your Cervix 101
- Finding your cervix and what aspects to note
37:42 MODIFYING FAM FOR AN IRREGULAR OR ABSENT CYCLE
- Tracking your cervical fluid brings a wealth of information
39:13 WHAT TO DO IF CYCLE TRACKING IS TRIGGERING
- There is quite a range of normal cycles.
40:52 HOW TO KNOW IF YOU’RE OVULATING
41:57 PROS & CONS OF OVULATION PREDICTOR KITS
44:01 DISADVANTAGES TO FAM
46:17 RESOURCES FOR YOU TO LEARN MORE & GET STARTED
- This method can provide so many insights for conception.
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
Get your free Summer Fertility Recipe Guide (including a meal plan and grocery shopping list) with everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 176: Why this Matters for Your Postpartum Health
- Episode 47: Can Probiotics Help Fertility? with Kiran Krishnan
Mentioned in this episode
- Kindara App
- The Cervical Mucus Project
- Easy@Home Basal Body Thermometer
- Tempdrop - use code fabfertile for 10% off
- Toni Weschler’s Book | Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health
- Lisa Hendrickson-Jack’s Podcast | Fertility Friday
Book your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here with your partner
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
A healthy gut is essential for preconception health for both men and women, and a probiotic is a good first step to help improve gut health. However, not all probiotics are created equal.
That's why our team and clients love MegaSporeBiotic. Typically available exclusively from practitioners, I'm excited to announce that you can now access this probiotic when you visit our Fab Fertile Store.
Visit https://bit.ly/fabfertilestore and use code VIP15 to save 15% off your order.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!