How To Address Chronic Pain and Why This Matters For Fertility
Apr 27, 2020
Today I’m welcoming Alison McLean to the podcast.
We're digging into chronic pain and how that can impact your fertility.
Alison McLean, physical therapist, yoga therapist and massage therapist, is the founder of Ignite Wellness an in-person clinic in Encinitas, and online Health Business, for tools, programs, 1:1 sessions and more to help the active adult who values their health, feel more confident in their body with hope for the future to feel BETTER as they age.
When we are dealing with infertility it may feel overwhelming and knowing where to start may have us feeling stuck.
That’s why our Fab Fertile Method takes a targeted approach to your preconception health.
Our approach addresses the underlying stressors such as a food sensitivity, gut infection, environmental toxin exposure, mental/emotional stress, and structural stress (i.e. pinched nerve, chronic pain).
I wanted to explore chronic pain and how that impacts fertility. Whether it’s back, knee, neck, or sciatica – chronic pain impacts more than 100 million Americans.
We may not think this is related to our infertility, but it is a stressor on your body. And if your body is under attack it wants to survive, not procreate.
In this episode you'll learn:
1. How chronic pain impacts our fertility and hormones
2. The top mistakes with chronic pain treatments. The most common types of pain (i.e. back, knee, sciatica and neck) and the impact on physical/emotional health.
3. Therapy, lifestyle, supplement and essential oil recommendations
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to recieve 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don't forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.
- back pain and infertility,
- functional medicine and hormones,
- functional medicine approach to infertility,
- functional medicine fertility,
- functional medicine for pregnancy,
- functional nutrition and fertility,
- functional nutrition fertility,
- functional testing fertility,
- joint pain and infertility,
- low amh,
- low amh and infertility,
- lower back pain and infertility,
- unexplained infertility