How to Tap into the Power of the Breath During the TTC Journey
Dec 28, 2021
Anne Margolis joins us this week as we’re digging into how breath can help with stress on the fertility journey.
I know when I was on the fertility journey I wouldn’t have said I was stressed.
I now know that I experienced chronic stress for years.
I always felt tense and anxious (I had TMJ and at one point couldn’t even open my mouth to eat).
I was very controlling and felt the need to plan everything.
I was super impatient and put a lot of pressure on myself to keep going (I didn’t even take time to grieve when I received my POF diagnosis) I kept focused on my plan to get pregnant.
I didn’t tune into what my body was desperately trying to tell me.
I felt stuck in my job because what I really wanted was to get pregnant and stay home with my baby…and nothing seemed to be working. I felt frustrated and powerless.
I was so guarded. Because I felt if I was vulnerable I wouldn’t be able to cope with the anger and sadness.
This is all hindsight of course. It is hard to see your own issues when you are stuck in the middle of a struggle. It’s taken years of work and self-discovery to ultimately be less hard on myself and give myself some grace.
When we cultivate self-awareness we can let our walls down and the healing can begin.
Today I'm excited to welcome Anne Margolis to the podcast. Anne is a Licensed Certified Nurse Midwife, Licensed Femme! Teacher, Certified Clarity Breathwork Practitioner, Yoga Teacher, and practitioner.
In this episode you'll learn:
- The power of breathwork to reduce stress
- Breath patterns and how they impact health and fertility
- How to tap into the power of the breath to ultimately grant yourself grace
04:25- INTRO TO TODAY'S EPISODE AND ANNE MARGOLIS’ BIO
05:06-ANNE MARGOLIS’ PERSONAL STORY
- How she fell in love with midwifery
- “People who are healthy don't need to see a doctor.”
8:35- EARLY MONTHS OF PREGNANCY CAN BE STRESSFUL (CONCERN ABOUT LOSS) WHAT IS SHE SEEING?
- The trauma around the infertility journey and “mastering your inner calm”
- How to practice mindfulness and the “peace that comes with surrendering”
- Be weary of the “bad news” that you get- “I have seen people who have defied it all.”
- Understanding the subconscious beliefs that might be influencing our fertility
19:40- BREATHWORK: GAINING CLARITY
- “Breath is a lifeforce.”
- What is breathwork? How is it different than yoga breath?
- “Oxygen is the main fuel for the body.”
- What happens in the body with breathwork?
- What about on an emotional and spiritual level?
- Why this breathwork is like a computer reset
- “The body knows how to heal.”
- Allowing the body to do what it needs to do- and how this can shave years off of psychotherapy.
28:49- ANNE MARGOLIS’S FAVORITE RESOURCES
32:10- ANNE MARGOLIS’S FINAL THOUGHTS
- “A miracle can happen in a moment.”
05:54- INTRO TO TODAY'S EPISODE AND WHO IT IS FOR
06:35- COMMON MISTAKE: TRUSTING GENERALIZED RECOMMENDATIONS
- Why self-diagnosis can be a waste of time (and a lot of mistakes are made)
- “It might have worked for someone else but is it right for you?”
- What we do in the Fabfertile method- and why we include the partner!
10:42- COMMON MISTAKE: JUST FOCUSING ON THE TESTING
- “Testing is only the beginning.”
- The band-aid approach- focusing just on the diagnosis and not doing the work
- Do you get stuck researching- how is that impacting you?
- Why we HAVE to use the mind, body, and spirit approach
- Are you stuck doing tests but have a pattern of not following through?
- Sometimes we see too many practitioners and no progress is actually being made
- Another thing we see- using out of date testing
- It is equally important to focus on the right diet, stress reduction, etc.
- Supplements- do you know WHY you are taking the ones you are?
21:08- COMMON MISTAKE: GOING TO IVF TOO EARLY
- There are ALWAYS healing opportunities
- Many couples get stuck doing many IFVs
- When it doesn’t work there is a lot of strain- is there another way!
- “Before you go to IVF, figure out why it isn’t working naturally.”
24:50- COMMON MISTAKE: DOING IT ALL YOURSELF
- “Self-care is not selfish.”
- “This journey can pull you apart or pull you together.”
30:40- COMMON MISTAKE: NOT WORKING WITH A FERTILITY EXPERT
- “There are aspects that are unique to the fertility journey.”
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health)
- Visit BLUBlox website at: http://bit.ly/BLUBlox
- Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/blog/how-to-get-pregnant-naturally-with-low-amh-high-fsh/
How To Not Waste Time When You Are TTC - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/blog/how-not-to-waste-time-when-you-are-ttc/
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):