The Connection Between Skin Rashes (ie. Psoriasis) and Infertility
Nov 25, 2019
I'm excited to welcome Jennifer Fugo to the podcast.
We’re digging into skin rashes (ie. psoriasis, acne, hives, exzema) and the link to infertility
Jennifer Fugo, MS, CNS is a clinical nutritionist empowering women who’ve been failed by conventional medicine to beat chronic skin and unending gut challenges. Because she’s overcome a long history of gut issues and eczema, Jennifer has empathy and insight to help her clients discover missing pieces and create doable integrative plans.
Simply put, Jennifer believes that YOU deserve better. That’s why she launched www.Skinterrupt.com -- to interrupt the failed conversation about chronic skin problems with helpful alternatives that you aren’t being told about.
She has a Master’s degree in Human Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport and is a Certified Nutrition Specialist. Her work has been featured on Dr. Oz, Reuters, Yahoo!, CNN, and many podcasts and summits. Jennifer is an Amazon best-selling author and the host of the Healthy Skin Show.
If you are struggling with skin issues such as psoriasis, eczema, acne, rashes or hives...it's time to stop treating the symptoms and get to the root cause.
You may be wondering what does my skin condition have to do with my preconception health and infertility?
Remember infertility does not happen in a bubble. The functional approach seeks to understand WHY and get to the root cause.
Especially with psoriasis (which as you may know is an autoimmune disease). Skin conditions are a HUGE clue as to why you may be struggling to conceive.
So whether you have PCOS, low AMH, unexplained infertility, premature ovarian insufficiency and more...it is time to look at your whole body and not treat the skin condition with topical creams and medication...which may be helpful (but does not address the underlying reason - so it will keep coming back!)
In this episode you'll learn:
1) We’ve talked about leaky gut – but have you heard of leaky skin? You’ll learn about the skin microbiome and how it communicates with your gut flora
2) If food sensitities can trigger skin rashes. Why nutrient deficiences are commonly missed and why this is so important for fertility and health. Bloodwork we can request to see what is happenig with skin issues (hint these are clues when they are not at optimal levels) ie. vitamin D, zinc and full thyroid panel (includes antibodies).
3) Some of the hidden root causes of chronic skin rashes such as psoriasis, eczema, rosacea and hives. And why would that matter for someone struggling with infertility. (ie. gut infections, SIBO and autoimmunity).
Resources from this episode:
Low Stomach Acid at-home test: https://gfschool.clickfunnels.com/low-stomach-acid-test-optin
Today’s episode is sponsored by ShopAIP. If you are ready to get started with the AIP diet this site has everything you need to get started. Receive 10% discount – when you enter – getpregnantpodcast – promo code at check out.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don't forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.
- eczema and infertility,
- functional lab testing miscarriage,
- functional medicine fertility,
- functional medicine for pregnancy,
- functional nutrition and fertility,
- hives and infertility,
- link between psoriasis and infertility,
- psoriasis and female infertility,
- psoriasis and infertility,
- skin rashes and infertility