7 Tips To Heal Childhood Trauma When On The Fertility Journey
Sep 05, 2022
We’re digging into how childhood trauma can impact the fertility journey.
Our Fab Fertile Method takes a mind, body, and spirit approach to improve pregnancy success.
A theme we see with low AMH, high FSH, premature ovarian insufficiency and diminished ovarian reserve is childhood trauma.
Whether it's experiencing flashbacks, anxiety, depression, anger or issues with trust, childhood trauma can have a lasting impact on our health.
We may consciously or unconsciously use alcohol, overeating/undereating, shopping or zoning out in front of the television and more as coping mechanisms.
That’s why identifying and working through these hard emotions can help to reclaim control and acknowledge and recognize trauma.
Today I’m excited to welcome back Brandy Buskow to the podcast. Brandy is a Board Certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, Board-Certified Health and Wellness Coach, Master EFT practitioner, Rapid Transformation Therapy Practitioner, and Certified Hypnotherapist.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What constitutes childhood trauma
- Signs of childhood trauma
- How childhood trauma affects people later in life
- Seven (7) top tips for beginning to heal from childhood trauma
3:29 WELCOME BRANDY BUSKOW
5:30 INTRODUCE TODAY’S TOPIC
- The importance of acknowledging trauma
- Finding support through your triggers
7:24 CHILDHOOD TRAUMA & THE FERTILITY JOURNEY
- Understanding what trauma means
- Don’t disregard the little things.
9:19 SIGNS OF CHILDHOOD TRAUMA: RELIVING & AVOIDANCE
- Generational trauma can be passed on even if you didn’t live through it yourself
- Different forms of reliving the trauma
- You shouldn’t have to relive the pain every time you think about it.
- Avoidance is a protection mechanism triggered by a past experience
13:16 SIGNS OF CHILDHOOD TRAUMA: ANXIETY
- Trauma from living through the pandemic
- Anxiety drains your physical, mental and emotional energy.
- If your body is focused on survival, it won’t prioritize procreation
- It’s important to work with someone who can help you to identify the source
- Your brain is trying to protect you.
18:09 SIGNS OF CHILDHOOD TRAUMA: DEPRESSION & ANGER
- Why it’s essential to find the right qualified practitioner to help you
- All these emotions are protective mechanisms
- Anger usually comes from the little kid inside you who wants to project strength
23:28 SIGNS OF CHILDHOOD TRAUMA: TRUST ISSUES
- Common reasons this comes up
- Most of us become hypervigilant after our trust is violated
- If you find yourself researching everything ad nauseam, you need to work on building back your ability to trust
- You shouldn't need to go to ten years of therapy for a resolution.
29:00 SIGNS OF CHILDHOOD TRAUMA: RISKY BEHAVIOURS & WITHDRAWAL
- Risky behaviours are often a form of self-punishment.
- This often manifests in addiction
- Guilt tends to be the underlying belief behind self-destructive behaviours.
- People tend to withdraw when they feel unsafe or powerless.
- Notice your reactions to difficult situations
33:48 PHYSICAL IMPACT OF CHILDHOOD TRAUMA
- Our childhood shapes how we deal with stress later in life
- My experience dealing with control issues and anger
- Starting with the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Questionnaire
- Children rely on their parents to show them how they should behave.
- The first few years of life are very impactful.
- There is a mental and emotional aspect to disease.
40:42 BEGINNING TO HEAL
- Give yourself grace and be gentle with yourself.
- Acknowledging is the first step to taking your power back
- Journalling is a powerful tool for starting to see your themes and patterns
- You need to forgive yourself so you can be at peace and move on.
- Unaddressed emotional baggage continues to poison you every day
- It takes time to heal.
46:07 DIFFERENT MODALITIES FOR HEALING
- EMDR, EFT and hypnotherapy
- Brain retraining, meditation and counselling
- How hypnotherapy can address beliefs, you’re not consciously aware that you have
50:23 FINAL THOUGHTS
- The goal is to get to a place where you are at peace and have healthy coping mechanisms
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
Connect with Brandy for EFT or Hypnotherapy session here: https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/contact-us/
Mentioned in this episode
Get your FREE Guide to learn specific steps you can take right now to improve Low AMH/High FSH | Top Diet And Lifestyle Tips To Optimize Low AMH/high FSH And Improve Fertility
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 356: How To Look Beyond The Fertility Diagnosis So That You Can Improve Pregnancy Success
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
A healthy gut is essential for preconception health for both men and women and a probiotic is a good first step to help improve gut health!
Not all probiotics are created equal. That’s why the Fab Fertile team and our clients love MegaSporeBiotic, typically available exclusively from practitioners.
I’m excited to announce that you can access this probiotic when you visit our Fab Fertile Store.
Visit FabFertileStore.com and use code VIP15 to save 15% off your order.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/resources/
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!