How To Cook Easy Recipes That Are Good For Fertility
Nov 09, 2020
Today I’m welcoming Caitlin Townsend to the podcast!
We’re digging into how to cook foods that are good for your fertility.
Caitlin Townsend is the founder of Nourish by Caitlin. She uses food as medicine and a whole living lifestyle approach to get to the root cause and create optimal health. Caitlin is a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner as well as a Chef trained at The Culinary Institute of America. Through her own fertility journey, she has been able to utilize her passion for food and knowledge of functional health to help others on their journey.
Let’s face it changing our diet can be challenging. Our regular go-to snacks and food items may no longer match our new lifestyle.
We may feel that eating healthy for our fertility means chopping all day in the kitchen – but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Before you embark on a change – it’s important to establish your WHY.
If you are here right now – it’s to prepare your body for a baby with your partner.
Yep, we’re in this together.
And does it suck giving up your favorite foods – yes it does (I’ve been there). But after eating the standard western diet for years and literally seeing my health crash, what I know for sure is what we place on our fork every day is critical for our health...especially our preconception health.
So if you are looking for easy options that don’t have you spending all day in the kitchen...
This episode is for you:
- You are ready to start the elimination diet and/or the AIP (autoimmune protocol diet) but you have no idea what you’ll eat (hint it’s not about starvation)
- You want to eat delicious food that doesn’t take hours to make (who doesn’t – and yes it’s possible).
- You’re stuck in a rut and sick of making the same old “fertility-friendly” foods – that don’t satisfy your cravings.
On this podcast you'll learn:
1) How to make eating the right foods for fertility actually taste good and satisfies your cravings.
2) How do we save time so that we don’t spend all day in the kitchen.
3) Easy options for the elimination diet (check out episode – How and Why To Do The Elimination Diet) and AIP diet.
4) Fast breakfast/lunch/dinner ideas and snack options that will keep you satiated.
5) Keeping your blood sugar stable is KEY for fertility our top foods to keep you from getting “hangry”.
6:05- INTRO TO CAITLIN AND TODAY'S TOPIC
6:47- CAITLIN'S FERTILITY JOURNEY
10:22- WHAT CAITLIN ATE LAST NIGHT AND HER "15 MINUTE" PRACTICE
12:00 HOW DO WE MAKE EATING HEALTHY TASTE GOOD?
- Why buying local and seasonally will make food taste better
- Adding herbs and spices (and her favorite combinations)
15:00-DEBUNKING THE MYTH THAT HEALTHY EATING TAKES LONGER
- Tips for saving time cooking healthy meals
- The difference between a crockpot and Instapot
18:09- MEAL IDEAS FOR FOOD ALLERGIES
- Breakfast ideas and rethinking what we are accustomed to
- Lunch & dinner ideas (with a fun Lamb recipe!)
26:45- CAST IRON 101- WHICH ONE SHOULD YOU HAVE?
28:20- WHAT YOU CAN EAT ON THE AIP DIET
- Break down different meal ideas on the AIP
- Roasted veggies 101
- The importance of exploring and trying different things
38:15- HOW CAN WE MAKE OUR FAVORITE MEALS HEALTHY?
- Italian, Mexican, and American meal substitution ideas
43:40- HEALTHY SOUP AND STEW IDEAS
45:08- FAVORITE HEALTHY DESSERTS
- Chocolate substitutions
47:57- HEALTHY SNACK OPTIONS
- How to use chickpeas in cookies
50:00- WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE HANGRY
- What we can do to keep ourselves from getting as hungry
51:10- CAITLIN'S RECOMMENDATIONS
52:36- CAITLIN'S SUCCESS STORY
54:00- CAITLIN'S COFFEE ALTERNATIVE RECIPE
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):
- diminished ovarian reserve,
- fertility cookbook,
- fertility diet grocery list,
- fertility diet to improve egg quality,
- fertility foods list,
- fertility foods to add,
- functional medicine for fertility,
- functional medicine hormones,
- getting pregnant fertility diet plan,
- low amh and infertility,
- low amh donor eggs,
- low amh success stories,
- premature ovarian failure pregnancy success stories,
- unexplained secondary infertility