How To Cope With Miscarriage and Loss
Oct 28, 2019
I'm excited to welcome Jackie Figueras to the podcast.
We’re digging into the miscarriage and how to cope with loss.
Jackie Figueras, the founder of The Supportive Mama, is a masters prepared registered nurse, clinical educator, and certified professional coach.
Jackie’s passion is around coaching women who are struggling with the painful process of trying to conceive. She specializes in infertility issues, miscarriages, and grief, focusing on mental and emotional wellbeing.
On a personal note, Jackie struggled with fertility issues for years. She had 4 consecutive miscarriages, including her daughters' twin. Her journey created a deeper passion to change the landscape of healthcare and the fertility journey for women. Check out her website: www. thesupportivemama.com
I regularly speak with women who have experienced miscarriage and recurrent miscarriage. Many times they may not even have shared that they are pregnant (i.e. we wait for the magic 12 week date to announce), which may lead to further isolation.
These intense feelings of loss and grief can be overwhelming. All too often these feelings can be suppressed and misunderstood by friends and family.
When we examine the stages of grief and how they relate to miscarriage we can begin to show our self some grace and compassion.
But how to reframe our experience?
In this episode you'll learn:
1) We discuss the stages of grief as they relate to miscarriage and loss and how to navigate each step.
2) How to support someone who is going through grief. Why silence is the worst for someone dealing with grief and how we can reach out for support and connection.
3) How to reframe out experience with miscarriage and loss so we can see a path forward.
Resources from this episode:
How To Calm Your Mind, Energy And Frustration on Your Fertility Journey! All you need is 15 minutes, a quiet space and an open heart. - www.thesupportivemama.com
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don't forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.
- cope with miscarriage pain,
- functional lab testing miscarriage,
- functional medicine fertility,
- functional medicine for pregnancy,
- functional medicine health coach fertility,
- functional nutrition and fertility,
- functional nutrition fertility,
- high risk pregnancy miscarriage,
- infertility and miscarriage blog,
- miscarriage how to deal with it,
- miscarriage reasons in early pregnancy,
- unexplained infertility and miscarriage