How To Improve The Chances Of Pregnancy Success After Miscarriage
Nov 10, 2021
Today I'm welcoming Dr. Aumatma Shah to the podcast.
We're into miscarriage and trying to conceive after loss.
Dr. Aumatma is a double board-certified Naturopathic Doctor & Endocrinologist, in practice for close to 15 years. She specializes in fertility and is the best-selling author of "Fertility Secrets: What Your Doctor Didn't Tell You About Baby-Making.”
Many women suffer from miscarriage and repeat miscarriage. The devastating emotional toll it takes can be hard to endure.
It’s a topic that is still very taboo and couples are even hesitant to tell close friends and family members that they are pregnant for fear of losing the baby and then having to explain the loss.
When we do experience a miscarriage, what we need most is support and understanding.
Sometimes a simple, I am so sorry for your loss is enough.
If you have experienced miscarriage my heart goes out to you.
In this episode you'll learn:
1) What to do after a miscarriage to optimize your chances of a successful pregnancy
2) Why including your partner is essential to optimize your chances (i.e. which tests are essential to ensure his fertility is optimal)
3) How to ensure this hormone has been checked (i.e. oftentimes conventional medicine misses healing opportunities).
- 05:51- INTRO TO TODAY'S EPISODE AND DR. AUMATMA SHAH’S BIO
06:27- DR. AUMATMA SHAH’S PERSONAL STORY WITH FERTILITY
- Restoring the belief that you can get pregnant again
- Listening to your body and making progress without the panic and stress
- Taking your intuition into account and being in a space where your body can do what it was designed to do
12:50- STEPS TO TAKE IF WE HAVE HAD A MISCARRIAGE & WANT TO START TRYING AGAIN
- Before you think about trying again...do this.
- The impact pregnancy has on the body (even in the early weeks)
- Pausing, reassessing, and aligning, before we try again
- Understanding the importance of waiting until your hormones are in balance
- “Before you try again make sure your hormones are as optimal as possible.”
- “We have to heal the emotions. We have to process the grief.”
20:21- HOW TO RELEASE LOSS AND GRIEF ENERGETICALLY
- Supporting energy points in a variety of ways (without needles)
- Grief is not linear, there needs to be personalized ways to process
22:15- BEFORE TRYING AGAIN: CHECKING OUT YOUR PARTNER
- Connection between blood levels in men and the quality of the sperm
- The importance of men being tested (even if they have been told there is nothing wrong with their sperm)
- Dr. Ben Lynch and his standard for homocysteine
- Epigenetics and why this matters
30:05- HOW TO HANDLE WHEN YOU ARE TOLD TO “WAIT” TO TRY
- The risks of getting pregnant before being given the “green light”
- The importance of detoxing your body (for a healthy baby)
- The waiting gives “more time on the backend” (ovarian clock)
- The relief of “not trying so hard” and releasing pressure
- Taking breaks can restore intimacy
- “It's hard to do it but it is essential to do it.”
- “So much of the panic is propagated by the fertility world.”
40:54- COMMON THEMES WITH MISCARRIAGE: TRAVEL
- Being careful with travel when pregnant
- EMFs, toxic air, and being cautious of water that is served on the plane
43:56- DR. AUMATMA SHAH’S BOOK RECOMMENDATION
45:22- WHERE YOU CAN CONNECT WITH DR. AUMATMA SHAH
46:42- DR. AUMATMA SHAH’S FINAL THOUGHTS
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.
Apply for your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):
- cope with miscarriage pain,
- functional lab testing miscarriage,
- functional medicine fertility specialist,
- functional medicine for fertility,
- functional medicine hormones,
- functional nutrition and fertility,
- high risk pregnancy miscarriage,
- low amh and high fsh levels,
- repeat miscarriage