How To Know If IVF Is Your Next Best Step
Apr 25, 2022
We’re digging into how to know if IVF is your next best step to improve your chances of pregnancy success.
I know firsthand what it’s like to be told that IVF is your only option to have children. In my case, it was being diagnosed with POI/POF at 28 and told that I could only have children with donor eggs.
I know that IVF can feel like your next logical step.
You probably feel like you’ve already tried everything. I know that when I dreamed of having my family – it certainly wasn’t with IVF.
And although IVF can be successful – with an average 30% success rate – what about the couple that has 1,2,3,4 or more failed cycles? I see this quite regularly and it is heartbreaking and financially devastating.
So before you commit emotionally and financially to another IVF cycle I want you to know the exact steps you can take to improve your chances of pregnancy success.
This episode is for you if:
- You would rather prepare your body naturally for pregnancy but you have no idea how to fast track your chances of pregnancy success.
- You are ready to get pregnant and have your baby and you’re thinking IVF is your next best option but you want to know how to increase your chances of a successful transfer.
- You have low AMH/high FSH and you’ve already experienced failed IVF, cancelled cycles or been told you are a poor responder, but you’ve been told IVF is your only option to conceive.
In this episode you'll learn:
- How to improve pregnancy success when IVF seems to be your only option. You’ve already tried everything! I discuss what we see conventional medicine regularly misses so that you can address missed healing opportunities.
- How to stop wasting time! I know you may already feel like you are in a panic to get pregnant. Top time wasters that I see when you are on the fertility journey.
- How to really know if it is time to start IVF. How to get your partner on board with the changes and how to optimize your chances of a successful IVF.
1:55 INTRODUCING TODAY’S TOPIC
3:06 WHY WE NEED TO ADDRESS UNDERLYING ISSUES
- If you don’t choose to work on your health now, you’ll be forced to work on it later.
- Catching yourself before you go down the slippery slope of comparison
5:10 BEING TOLD THAT IVF IS YOUR ONLY OPTION
- How panic sent me rushing straight to IVF once I got my diagnosis
- Looking back, it was a bizarre period of time when I was completely disconnected from my body.
- IVF has an average success rate of 30%.
- There’s a lot of psychological trauma associated with failed IVF
7:27 TAKING A TARGETED APPROACH WITH THE FAB FERTILE METHOD
- Many of our clients come to us after they’ve tried all the generalized advice
- When your body’s under attack it wants to survive, not procreate.
- Some of the underlying issues we commonly see in our clients
9:04 THE MENTAL & EMOTIONAL STRESS OF AN INFERTILITY DIAGNOSIS
- It’s not all about going hard or going all-in
- We need to find a balance of masculine and feminine energy
- When things are out of alignment it’s a signal to look at what have I not done for myself.
- The whole fertility industry makes us feel like we need to panic.
- Rushing ahead to IVF is counterproductive without addressing the underlying issues
- Why it’s important to work on your fertility with your partner
13:49 DIGGING INTO WHERE YOUR PANIC/IMPATIENCE STEMS FROM
- My journey with learning to slow down
- Although I didn’t recognize it at the time, I was definitely dealing with a lot of anxiety.
17:25 THE PROBLEM WITH RUSHING THROUGH THE STEPS
- Why you need to give yourself a chance to go deep on each strategy
- We need to honour the fact that this journey is a difficult one
- You’re not alone. The feelings that you have are completely normal.
21:03 THE BENEFITS OF HAVING EXTERNAL SUPPORT ON YOUR FERTILITY JOURNEY
- Never attempt to coach your partner.
- Why the things you’ve tried so far may not have worked
- How we create a customized plan for you based on your history and functional testing
- Why we always include partners in the Fab Fertile method
- If you’ve already tried a lot of things that haven’t worked, try a targeted approach instead.
- Include your partner so you’re both building a strong foundation.
27:48 CREATING YOUR HEALING ROUND TABLE
- You know your body best.
- This is a journey where you should feel empowered
- Let’s have a chat to see if the Fab Fertile approach is right for you
- What it’s like to work with our Fab Fertile team
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 236: How To Optimize Pregnancy Success With Next IVF After Multiple Failed Attempts
Book your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here with your partner
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Legacy
Legacy: the digital fertility clinic that allows you to test, freeze, and improve your sperm from home. Legacy allows you to test your sperm with a mail-in kit so you can produce a sample in the comfort of your own home. Their kits use a transport media that’s clinically proven to protect and extend the life of sperm for overnight shipping.
Legacy’s kit does not require a prescription, and semen analysis starts at $199. Every client has the option to discuss their results with one of their male fertility specialists if they choose.
Use code FabFertile for 20% off your fertility analysis at GiveLegacy.com.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!