How To Optimize This Hormone To Improve Egg Health
Sep 28, 2021
Welcome to day #3 of Mini-Series on how to optimize egg health so you can improve the chances of pregnancy success.
We see this all the time. Couples being told that their thyroid is normal and they are still not able to conceive.
If you’ve only looked at the TSH there are potential missed healing opportunities.
I was told my thyroid was normal and my hair was falling out, my skin was dry as a lizard and my hands and feet were always cold.
Don’t take no for an answer. You know your body best. Let’s see how the thyroid impacts egg health and what you can do to optimize yours (hint it is not all about the medication).
This episode is for you:
You have been told your thyroid is normal but you are experiencing a miscarriage and still unable to conceive.
You are taking thyroid medication because there is thyroid dysfunction and you’re not sure what to do next to optimize your chances of pregnancy success.
You have thyroid symptoms but you don’t know how to address the thyroid so you can get pregnant naturally.
In this episode you'll learn:
1) How thyroid dysfunction impacts ovulation, menstrual cycle, increases miscarriage and more.
2) Functional reference ranges for optimal thyroid function. Why looking at the TSH is not enough.
3) How to optimize the thyroid (i.e. reduce toxic burden and biochemical stressors)
4) What low iron could mean and how it may be tied to thyroid health.
5:04- INTRO TO TODAY’S TOPIC & WHO IS THIS EPISODE FOR
05:45- HAVE YOU BEEN TOLD YOUR THYROID IS NORMAL? WHAT ARE THE FUNCTIONAL RANGES?
- “The functional ranges will flag issues earlier.”
- Why does thyroid health matter for the egg?
- Functional reference ranges we are looking for and healing opportunities that are missed.
- Issues with looking at the full panel because of insurance restrictions
- “We are stuck in a system that doesn’t allow us to explore things at an optimal level.”
- Markers we are looking for that indicate something isn’t normal
12:25- SUBCLINICAL ISSUES & WHAT THAT COULD MEAN
13:19- HOW TO OPTIMIZE THYROID HEALTH
- Key things we can address to help optimize health
- “It’s important that we address everything we can from every angle.”
- Reducing stress on the body in anyway we can
- “We can’t just get the diet right, we need to be doing everything we can in order to stack the cards in our favor.”
14:40- ADDRESSING FOOD SENSITIVITIES FOR THYROID HEALTH
- “Be your own advocate.”
- “If your systems are off your body is trying to tell you something.”
17:00 NUTRIENT DEFICIENCIES
- Vitamin D & focusing on your diet
- When you know something is off, trust it. Even if you are tested and “everything is fine”
18:17- MINIMIZING TOXIC EXPOSURE
- Small things you can do, including water filters for your shower
19:35- LOW IRON ON BLOOD CHEMISTRY REVIEWS
- It's one of the things that can improve if you catch it and properly nourish the gut
20:03- THYROID SUPPORT WITH MEDICATION OR SUPPLEMENTATION
- Should you take medications? How do you address the real issue?
- Supporting the adrenal glands
- Understanding that dysfunction is not “normal”
- “Find the root cause of what is contributing to you having low thyroid or low hormones.”
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.
Apply for your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):