Top Mistakes With PCOS and How To Improve Fertility
Feb 06, 2023
We’re digging into what you can do to optimize your fertility if you have PCOS.
I know firsthand how focusing on your fertility diagnosis can seem all-consuming, and IVF may feel like the only solution.
We are not anti-IVF.
However, after working with hundreds of clients for the last eight years, we know that optimizing your health dramatically impacts pregnancy success.
But you need to take a targeted, personalized approach; otherwise, you’re wasting time.
If you have PCOS, you may feel overwhelmed by all the contradictory information about optimizing your body for a baby.
We’re digging into the biggest myths around PCOS and fertility and the exact steps to help conceive your baby.
I am excited to welcome Dr. Angela Potter. Dr. Potter is a functional medicine naturopathic doctor and leading expert in PCOS fertility.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- The biggest myths about PCOS fertility
- The most significant mistakes made with fertility and PCOS
- What can be done for women struggling with PCOS and infertility to improve pregnancy success
02:18 INTRODUCING DR. ANGELA POTTER
03:12 WHY DR. POTTER FOCUSED IN ON PCOS
04:44 WHY MANY WOMEN FEEL LOST AFTER PCOS DIAGNOSIS
- Many women are simply told to go on the pill, and not much more support is offered
- Side effects of hormonal birth control
- Women aren’t being given the proper education about the impact of being on the pill
06:56 DIFFERENT TYPES OF PCOS
- You don’t have to have insulin resistance to have PCOS
- Figuring out which type of PCOS you have helps you to get to the root cause
- Signs and symptoms of the different types of PCOS
- The themes we see with premature ovarian insufficiency and diminished ovarian reserve
10:34 PCOS MYTHS
- Many systems impact fertility in the body
- PCOS is expressed differently in each person
- We have to go back to the basics: diet and lifestyle changes
12:58 BIGGEST PCOS MISTAKES YOU COULD BE MAKING
- A one-size-fits-all approach just doesn’t work for PCOS.
- There are many ways to support your body and open up your fertility
17:30 METFORMIN VS. BERBERINE
- Dr. Potter’s approach to utilizing metformin and berberine
- Potential side effects of metformin
19:45 PCOS + TTC STRATEGIES
- Where to start on your TTC journey
20:37 FIGURING OUT YOUR PCOS TYPE
- It’s essential to get individualized care for PCOS.
- The best way to figure out your type is by working with an experienced provider
21:29 DR. POTTER’S DIET & LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS
- For fertility, we have to get lots of good, fermented foods into the diet
- The most crucial vitamins and minerals to start with
22:56 FOOD SENSITIVITIES & TESTING
- You want to reduce inflammation as much as possible.
25:34 DR. POTTER’S CURRENT OBSESSION
26:27 DR. POTTER’S SUCCESS STORIES
- Getting pregnant with Hashimoto’s and post-pill syndrome
- You have to meet the miracle halfway.
27:50 FINAL THOUGHTS
- If you feel like your body is broken, know that there is hope out there
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Connect with Dr. Angela Potter
I’m excited to invite you to a special LIVE masterclass on February 7, 2023 at 8 pm EST. You’ll learn How To Improve Your Chances Of Pregnancy Success If You Have Low AMH/High FSH.
Register your spot here>>> www.getpregnantfreebie.com
Legacy, the digital fertility clinic for men, allows you to test your sperm from home.
Our favourite is the Test For Today - Semen Analysis
Get 15% off your fertility analysis using my code, FabFertile15 at checkout.
*You may be able to your Health Spending Account or insurance.*
Please note when promoting a product we only select products that either Sarah Clark or her team has tried and believe are beneficial for someone who is TTC. We may receive a small commission.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 346: How To Know If IVF Is Your Next Best Step
- Episode 375: Stop Making These Common Mistakes and Get Your 2023 Action Plan
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
Book your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here with your partner
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9
Google Podcasts: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9nZXRwcmVnbmFudC5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw%3D%3D