What Is Methylation And Why Does It Matter For Fertility?
Jun 24, 2019
I'm excited to welcome Dr, Ben Lynch to the podcast.
We're digging into how methylation impacts fertility.
Dr. Ben Lynch is the best-selling author of Dirty Genes and a leader in the field of nutrigenomics. He’s also president of Seeking Health, an innovative company providing supplements, courses, and tools designed to help people overcome genetic dysfunction and optimize health. After earning his Bachelor of Science in Cell and Molecular Biology from the University of Washington, he then obtained a Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University where he now serves on the Board of Trustees. Dr. Lynch lives in Seattle, WA with his wife and three sons. Check out his website: https://www.seekinghealth.com/
We are celebrating our 100th episode and I am so honoured to have Dr. Ben Lynch on the podcast! I recommend his book Dirty Genes ALL the time! He makes a very complex topic easy to understand. Plus he stresses the importance of diet, lifestyle and targeted supplements that can make HUGE changes to your health and fertility.
His passion for preconception health and spreading the word about the importance of folate versus folic acid aligns well with our mission here at Fab Fertile.
We want to inspire, motivate and empower you - and most of all we want you to wake up!
Before you head to to the fertility clinic - there are SO many positive changes you can do to help prepare your body for a baby!
In this episode you'll learn:
1) The final word! Yes you heard it here - which ingredient to look for in your prenatal. We discuss methylated folate versus folic acid. So many women get this wrong! Plus what to do if we have the MTHFR gene mutation.
2) Link between homocysteine levels and folic acid. What a recent study tells us. See the study here.
3) Should we get tested for MTHFR? What to do if our methylation cycle is blocked. This may be the case if you experience - (chronic disease, diabetic, acid reflux, seizures, pregnancy (gallbladder), birth control (long term use), vegan/vegetarian, over/under exercising)
4) How do we improve methylation. The importance of environmental toxins, sleep, diet and more. We discuss hacks and tips to maximize your health and YES this impacts fertility.
Enter our contest here to WIN a signed copy of my book - Fabulously Fertile: Supercharge Your Fertility Naturally + 30 minute Fertility Coaching Session.
To enter - go to iTunes and leave a review. BEFORE you submit your review take a screenshot of the review and email email@example.com
Having trouble submitting your review - check out this quick video to see how easy it is!
Contest ends Sunday June 30, 2019 at midnight PST.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don't forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.
- dr ben lynch fertility,
- dr ben lynch infertility,
- dr ben lynch infertility gene,
- dr ben lynch mthfr,
- dr ben lynch prenatal,
- folic acid or folate foods,
- folic acid versus folate which is better,
- functional medicine fertility,
- functional medicine for pregnancy,
- getting testing for mthfr,
- mthfr and fertility