Why This Deficiency Can Negatively Impact Egg Health and Sperm Health
Mar 27, 2023
We’re digging into how to choose the right Vitamin D as you prepare for your baby.
Over 1 billion people are deficient in this essential hormone. It is so important for immune function, bone health, inflammation reduction and much more.
Vitamin D also plays a crucial role in fertility for both men and women.
When you are low in this hormone, the research supports that it is a marker for reduced fertility.
We see levels in the single digits and teens for couples on the fertility journey.
Supplementing is essential (with regular testing), and addressing why it’s low in the first place will help to optimize the levels.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why Vitamin D is essential for egg and sperm health
- What the research is telling us about pregnancy rates with vitamin D levels
- Functional levels for Vitamin D and how to know if your current level is optimal
- Reasons for low Vitamin D (i.e. thyroid, autoimmunity, high cortisol, gut infections etc.)
- How much Vitamin D we need for optimal fertility and what type of vitamin D (i.e. common mistakes with type and dosing)
3:28 WELCOME KATY BRADBURY
4:25 VITAMIN D & YOUR FERTILITY
- Lower vitamin D levels correlates with poorer fertility outcomes
- Vitamin D plays several roles in male and female fertility
- It’s important to know your numbers
7:12 HOW VITAMIN D SUPPORTS TESTOSTERONE LEVELS
- The connection between your immune system and your fertility
8:47 VITAMIN D & CALCIUM
- Vitamin D allows calcium to be absorbed and utilized properly
- Why bone density matters for people with premature ovarian insufficiency
- The role of calcium in pregnancy
11:23 OPTIMIZING OVERALL HEALTH
- Vitamin D is a foundational health marker.
- Vitamin D plays an integral role across multiple body systems
- What you need to know about immune system modulation
- Shocking statistics on vitamin D deficiency
- Sunlight and vitamin D production
21:19 FUNCTIONAL REFERENCE RANGES
- Why we want to aim for around 60-80 ng/ml for blood levels of vitamin D
- How to test your vitamin D
23:34 WHY YOUR VITAMIN D LEVELS MIGHT BE LOW
- There are multiple reasons why this can happen
- It’s important to work with a knowledgeable practitioner before jumping into supplementation
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 380: HeartMath: A Simple Technique for Managing Stress When TTC
- The mental and emotional aspects of your health must be addressed
- Autoimmunity is key when looking into vitamin D deficiency.
- Why the IVF process can trigger autoimmune conditions
30:47 GUT HEALTH
- The mucosal barrier is the first line of defence for our immune system
- Why we recommend doing a stool analysis
- Gut dysbiosis impacts your ability to absorb vitamin D
32:52 IMPROVING LOW VITAMIN D LEVELS
- Foods that can help with low vitamin D
- Diet alone is not usually enough to correct a vitamin D deficiency
- The sun is the number one way to increase vitamin D levels naturally
- Being aware of the risk of vitamin D toxicity
37:12 WHY YOU NEED VITAMIN K2
- Why we recommend vitamin D3 with K2
- Taking an “low and slow” approach to improving your vitamin D levels
39:47 FINAL THOUGHTS ON VITAMIN D
- All our reproductive organs have vitamin D receptors on each of their cells
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Excited to announce the launch of our Fab For Life Naturals Fertility Collection!
Get professional-grade supplements designed to support reproductive health for men and women. Prepare your body for a successful pregnancy with Fab For Life Naturals Fertility Collection.
Visit FFLNaturals.com and use code LAUNCH15 to save 15%.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 364: Why This Is My Top Suggestion For Anyone On The Fertility Journey
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: C60 Purple Power®
I recently heard about a Nobel Prize-winning super antioxidant from my friend Jess. She’s the CEO at C60 Purple Power®, and I was intrigued to learn more after she told me C60 helped her get pregnant naturally… this was after her doctor told her she had no chance of getting pregnant. By the way, Jess is over 40, and she gave me permission to share her secret with you.
I love their products, especially the C60 in Organic Avocado Oil. It’s so good for energy, immunity, skin and hair, plus mitochondria health, which is essential for good optimal health and fertility.
That’s why I’m excited to partner with C60 Purple Power®. They are the leading manufacturer of Carbon 60 health and wellness products; they offer both consumable and topical products that may be just what you need to help you get pregnant.
Go to ShopC60.com and use code FABFERTILE10 to save 10% of your C60 products.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9