Why You Need To Focus On This For A Healthy Postpartum Period
Nov 11, 2019
I'm excited to welcome Lindsay Meisel to the podcast.
We’re digging into postpartum health and how to optimize this prior to conception. Plus we are learning how to track our cycles using the Ava Bracelet.
Lindsay Meisel is the Chief Science Editor at Ava Fertility Tracker. She’s an expert at breaking down science, technology and health as it relates to women’s health and the menstrual cycle. With over a decade of experience educating and writing about reproductive health, Lindsay is a sought-after speaker and presenter. Her work has been featured on The Fertility Hour, The Birth Hour, The Breakthrough Journal and The Rumpus.
When I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure at 28 years old, I listened to the doctor’s and went straight to donor eggs. I did not get a second opinion. I didn’t look at root causes such as food sensitivities, gut infection, mental emotional stress (trauma), I rushed straight to the fertility clinic.
Now I was one of the fortunate ones and was able to have my children with donor eggs. However years later my health suffered.
My postpartum period was not a great time. I was super irritable (I’ve since heard about postpartum rage – bottom line I was not in a great place emotionally.
I know if I had of worked on my preconception health, my post partum period could have been easier and more enjoyable – instead of filled with stress and worry.
And although it can be tempting to rush towards the fertility clinic without focusing on our preconception health – we don’t fully know the impact fertility treatments have on our health, postpartum period and the health of our children.
When I curate episodes for the Get Pregnant Naturally podcast I want to educate you to see that there is another way – using a functional approach – that gets to the root cause of why it’s not working in the first place.In this episode you'll learn:
1) The importance of optimizing a healthy postpartum period and what you can do now (before you conceive).
2) The causes of post partum depression such as hormonal imbalance, nutrient deficiencies, low Vitamin D, chronic stress, thyroid dysfunction and more) and what you can do BEFORE you conceive.
3) Plus how the Ava bracelet can help with period tracking, tracking your sleep, heart rate variability (your body’s ability to deal with stress), resting pulse rate and why this matters for your fertility.
Resources from this episode:
Special offer - use the promo code 'naturally' and recieve $ 20 discocunt on the Ava Bracelet.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don't forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.
- functional lab testing miscarriage,
- functional medicine fertility,
- functional medicine for pregnancy,
- functional medicine health coach fertility,
- functional nutrition and fertility,
- functional nutrition fertility,
- postpartum health anxiety,
- postpartum health depression,
- postpartum period,
- postpartum rage