Will Functional Medicine Help My Fertility?
May 31, 2019
I'm excited to welcome Brandy Buskow back to the podcast.
We're digging into common fears and worries around starting a functional medicine program to improve fertility.
Check out episode #6 for a functional medicine 101 talk plus a look at some of the tools we use to help couples conceive.
Brandy is part of my team here at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program - which uses functional lab testing, diet and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility...your body is desperately trying to tell you something...focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic it will improve your chances of success.
With conventional medicine we name the disease (or in this case diagnose the type of infertility) and then treat it with a drug. With functional medicine we look at the root cause - while addressing all systems in the body.
Functional medicine is the future of medicine. Progressive forward thinking physician's are transitioning to the functional medicine practice model. It's rooted in science. That's why we get so many medical professionals (who are struggling with infertility) working with us! They love the functional testing and systematic approach to healing the body.
It's funny how we don't question when we're told to take a pharmaceutical, but all of a sudden we become researchers when it comes to natural health and/or functional medicine. Don't get me wrong - knowledge is power and I love researching - but what if we've been taught for the last 50 years with regards to health - is completely wrong!
We're going to break down the most common fears and worries around starting a functional medicine program!
In this episode you'll learn:
1) What if I'm sensitive to my favourite foods? What if my partner doesn't want to participate? I'm already taking a bunch of supplements - do I need more (we see this all the time - self prescribing is never recommended and many of these supplements contain - dyes, fillers and chemicals)
2) Do I really need a coach or a team to help me? I already eat clean - why do I need a nutrition practitioner (this is where so many go wrong - a couple of tweaks and we have a diet this is customized for YOU). I'll become obsessed with my fertility (this has come up a lot lately - we've found the exact opposite with our clients - since we don't focus on the infertility diagnosis).
3) I have a fertility treatment coming up - I can't commit to a program! (this one is tough love time - because focusing on your health protects your investment at the fertility clinic). I don't have time! (we're all busy - but really what you are saying is that your health is not a priority). Can't I just do this on my own (yep - you could - but then you would already be pregnant - right?). Plus - a big one - I can't afford it (we'll share with you the consequences of ignoring your preconception health).
Download your free fertility yoga video. In this 20 minute intro video we focus on a calming and peaceful practice to connect back to our heart. These simple yoga poses can help quiet negative thoughts and make you feel more in control. www.yogafreebie.com Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don't forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.
- functional infertility definition,
- functional medicine and fertility,
- functional medicine and nutrition,
- functional medicine fertility,
- functional medicine fertility specialist,
- functional medicine for pregnancy,
- functional medicine infertility,
- unexplained infertility functional medicine