Are You Well Fed But Malnourished? Why This Matters If You Are TTC
Sep 26, 2022
We’re digging into digestion and why this matters when you are TTC.
Many of us are consuming all the right foods. Eating lots of fat, getting our daily veggies and generally eating a healthy diet.
But what if you are well fed but malnourished?
We see this a lot with couples who are trying to conceive.
It is essential that you actually absorb the nutrients that you eat so that you can have the proper vitamins and minerals, proteins and fat to create a healthy baby.
So how can we make sure all those healthy foods are being properly absorbed?
Caitlin Townsend is part of my team at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program - which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility...your body is desperately trying to tell you something...focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic it will improve your chances of success.
Caitlin is a Functional Nutrition Therapist and Professional Chef.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Top 5 tips to optimize digestion so that you can improve pregnancy success
- Why low stomach acid may be impeding your ability to absorb essential nutrients required for pregnancy
- Why gas, bloating, burping is not normal and how to address these common symptoms so that you can optimize fertility
03:16 INTRODUCE TODAY’S TOPIC
04:04 WHAT IT MEANS TO BE WELL-FED BUT MALNOURISHED
- You are what you absorb.
05:25 WHY YOU NEED HIGH-QUALITY FOODS
- Organic foods are an important part of healing your body
07:13 TIP #1: DIGESTION STARTS IN THE BRAIN
- Your body naturally primes itself for digestion when we smell food cooking
- Diet is a huge first step to help you optimize your fertility.
- We need to prioritize home cooking.
10:15 TIP #2: TAKE THE TIME TO EAT
- Rushing your eating process increases stress and has a negative effect on digestion
- How the North American hustle culture impacts digestion
- Taking time for appreciation and gratitude before your meal
15:22 TIP #3: CHEW YOUR FOOD
- Chewing food properly helps with nutrient absorption
- Aim for at least ten chews per bite.
- Bloating and gas after every meal isn’t normal.
- Digestive symptoms are clues you need to explore
- Try to have at least one meal a day with your partner
22:18 TIP #4: THE ROLE OF EXERCISE IN DIGESTION
- It’s very important to include movement in your day.
- Movement is essential for your lymphatic system
- Constipation is a common symptom we see with our clients
- Daily bowel movements are crucial for detoxification
28:49 TIP #5: GETTING ON A REGULAR SCHEDULE
- When your schedule is all over the place, your digestion will be too.
- You need a consistent schedule every day.
34:08 WHEN TO CONSIDER TAKING DIGESTIVE ENZYMES
36:16 FINAL THOUGHTS
- Small changes every day amounts to huge changes over time.
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck. It's not about deprivation, it’s eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
Our Autumn Fertility Recipe Guide is ready for you! Grab your FREE copy at FertilityDietFreebie.com.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
This is a 5-day challenge where you’ll learn how food impacts your body. You won't be drinking green juice and starving. Start this challenge today with your partner.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 364: Why This Is My Top Suggestion For Anyone On The Fertility Journey
- Episode 332: How To Know If Gluten Needs To Be Avoided When You Are TTC
- Episode 139: How To Know What Your Poop Means For Fertility with Dr. Marisol Teijerio
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health.
Visit FabFertileStore.com to get your 15% discount.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9