How to Answer the Question "When are You Having Kids?" While Remaining Calm
Dec 19, 2021
Welcome to day #4 of our Holiday Series. We’re digging into holiday triggers when you are TTC.
As the holiday season begins you may be feeling a number of mixed emotions. From frustration, sadness, anger and overwhelm.
Or maybe you are excited to gather again with friends/family but you are feeling a little apprehensive of what to expect.
You may even be concerned about how to answer the question “when are you having kids?”
So how do you approach the holiday season on your own terms without spiraling or lashing out which may leave you feeling even worse?
This episode is for you if:
- You don’t feel triggered but you want to approach the holiday season on your own terms so you are looking for some tips to help.
- You feel very triggered by friends and family during the holidays and you want to know how to deal with the emotions so you can improve pregnancy success.
- You’re thinking about IVF but the thought of the process fills you with apprehension and stress but really want to get pregnant naturally so can optimize your health and have a healthy pregnancy.
In this episode you'll learn:
- How to respond to party invitations (especially ones with a lot of children)
- What to tell friends and family when you need to set boundaries around events
- How to prepare an answer for the question "when are you having kids"
- How to create new traditions so you can navigate the holiday season on your own terms as a couple
05:31- INTRO TO TODAY’S TOPIC AND WHO IT IS FOR
- “Feeling this is normal! Don’t judge yourself.”
- Understanding your family dynamics and creating your own traditions
08:31- TRIGGER: PARTY INVITATIONS
- Asking yourself “will this serve me?’
- Finding different reasons to not go and setting boundaries for yourself
- Other creative ideas for dealing with friends and family events
- “You do not have to attend everything.”
11:23- HOW TO PREPARE AND ANSWER “WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE KIDS?”
- Gauging passing remarks and educating people
- Having a prepared response and not feeling pressured to overshare
13:10- IDEAS FOR THINGS YOU CAN DO TO STAY BUSY
- Spending time with your partner or volunteering somewhere
- Setting boundaries and advocating for what you want and need
- “Gratitude is the foundation of all this.”
- “Reaching out for help is key.”
16:45- HOW WE CAN HELP YOU AND THE FABFERTILE METHOD
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/blog/how-to-get-pregnant-naturally-with-low-amh-high-fsh/
How To Not Waste Time When You Are TTC - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/blog/how-not-to-waste-time-when-you-are-ttc/
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):