How to Ask for Support When You are TTC
Jun 01, 2020
Today I’m welcoming Elyse Ash to the podcast.
We’re digging why support is so important during the fertility journey.
Elyse Ash is a writer, speaker, and the founder of Fruitful Fertility.
When I was on my fertility journey – I thought I could do it all by myself.
Because I was a strong woman, right?
I didn’t need anyone else.
I wasn’t crying every day.
So therefore I was fine?
But I wasn’t.
I was busy thinking about what I would do if it didn’t work.
I was worried that I would bother someone with my sad news.
I was so guarded, that I didn’t allow myself to feel all the feelings, because I thought if I was vulnerable I would crumble into a big heap and never get up again.
No one really understood what I was going through. It wasn’t their fault; they just didn’t get it.
And while I watched my friends get pregnant so easily, I pretended I was just fine.
What I know for sure… is that support would have helped me cope in a much more positive way.
We don’t need to go through this journey alone.
It is not a sign of weakness to ask for support. It is brave.
In this episode you'll learn:
1. Why is connection so important during infertility (especially during COVID).
2. What type of support may be more harmful than helpful (ie family, friends, social media)
3. What if we feel resistance to support (why this is a sign to dig deeper).
4. Why it is important to get support from someone on the other side of the struggle.
Learn more about Fruitful Fertility here: www.fruitfulfertility.org Receive a special 20% discount when you use coupon code fabfertile.
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don't forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.
- diminshed ovarian reserve,
- functional medicine and hormones,
- functional medicine approach to infertility,
- functional medicine fertility,
- functional medicine for pregnancy,
- functional nutrition and fertility,
- functional nutrition fertility,
- functional testing fertility,
- how to ask for support,
- low amh,
- low amh and infertility,
- low amh success stories,
- unexplained infertility