How to Improve Egg Quality, Sperm Quality and Pregnancy Rates
Mar 13, 2023
We’re digging into CoQ10 and how it can help with fertility.
Before discovering the power of nutrition and targeted supplements, the only vitamins I had taken were Flintstone vitamins (yep, the ones filled with dyes and sugar).
I thought I only needed daily vitamins if I was deficient in something.
Turns out, there are vitamins and minerals that we simply can’t get from food.
Nutritional imbalances can cause many symptoms that we don’t recognize as being from a vitamin or mineral deficiency.
Optimizing your health prior to conception is essential.
What if there was something you could do to support egg quality, sperm health and pregnancy rates?
CoQ10 is a potent antioxidant that helps decrease inflammation, which is essential for pregnancy.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What studies say about this antioxidant and how it can improve embryo quality with diminished ovarian reserve
- Egg and sperm health improvements and fertilization rates
- The difference between ubiquinone and ubiquinol and what the studies tell us for someone who is TTC
- Diet sources for this CoQ10
3:28 WELCOME KATY BRADBURY
4:18 CoQ10 & FERTILITY
CoQ10 is a potent antioxidant.
How CoQ10 is used by the body
The direct connection between CoQ10 and egg and sperm health
Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 210: How To Improve Declining Sperm Counts And Egg Quality with Dr. Shanna Swan
7:08 STUDIES AROUND CoQ10
- What is oxidative stress?
- How CoQ10 protects cellular health
- Common sources of free radicals
- Why CoQ10 is one of our fundamental supplements
- CoQ10 levels naturally decrease as you age.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction can speed up reproductive aging.
- How ubiquinol benefits both male and female reproductive health
- What’s beneficial to our reproductive health is often beneficial elsewhere
- Understanding ubiquinone vs. ubiquinol
15:15 DIETARY SOURCES OF CoQ10
- Tissues that need a lot of energy as the best sources of CoQ10
- Why it’s crucial to use supplementation alongside dietary sources
- It can take some time for CoQ10 to build up in your tissues
21:02 OBSERVATIONS WHEN TAKING CoQ10
- Many people report feeling higher energy levels
- Why some people take longer to build up to an optimal level of CoQ10
- The connection between CoQ10 and chronic fatigue syndrome
22:31 CHOLESTEROL & FERTILITY
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 357: The Dangers of Low-Fat Diets and Why An Optimal Lipid Panel Matters When TTC
- Including the right kind of fat in your diet is so important to your fertility
- Unhealthy fats are everywhere.
- Misconceptions about fats
- The best type of fat we can consume is omega-3
- Why it’s worth digging into your cholesterol profile
- How blood glucose imbalances contribute to elevated cholesterol levels
- You can only DIY up to a certain point
- Any diagnosed metabolic condition you have is likely to impact your fertility to some degree
29:14 HIGH-QUALITY CoQ10 SUPPLEMENTATION
What to look for in a good CoQ10 supplement
Key considerations around dosing
More is not always better.
32:49 FINAL THOUGHTS
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Ultimate Guide to Getting Pregnant This Year If You Have Low AMH/High FSH
Excited to announce the launch of our Fab For Life Naturals Fertility Collection!
Get professional-grade supplements designed to support reproductive health for men and women. Prepare your body for a successful pregnancy with Fab For Life Naturals Fertility Collection.
Text VIP15 to 22828 to get on the wait list to save 15%. This is available to US residents only.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 364: Why This Is My Top Suggestion For Anyone On The Fertility Journey
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
Book your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here with your partner
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: C60 Purple Power®
I recently heard about a Nobel Prize-winning super antioxidant from my friend Jess. She’s the CEO at C60 Purple Power®, and I was intrigued to learn more after she told me C60 helped her get pregnant naturally… this was after her doctor told her she had no chance of getting pregnant. By the way, Jess is over 40, and she gave me permission to share her secret with you.
I love their products, especially the C60 in Organic Avocado Oil. It’s so good for energy, immunity, skin and hair, plus mitochondria health, which is essential for good optimal health and fertility.
That’s why I’m excited to partner with C60 Purple Power®. They are the leading manufacturer of Carbon 60 health and wellness products; they offer both consumable and topical products that may be just what you need to help you get pregnant.
Go to ShopC60.com and use code FABFERTILE10 to save 10% of your C60 products.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9
Google Podcasts: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9nZXRwcmVnbmFudC5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw%3D%3D