How To Know If Acupuncture Can Help When You Are TTC
Jan 31, 2022
We're digging into how acupuncture can help improve fertility.
Studies prove that using acupuncture pre and post-transfer increases the success of IVF.
We love acupuncture and recommend it to our clients. However, it is very important to select a practitioner who is experienced with infertility. Check out our blog here for more details about TCM and acupuncture.
Today I'm excited to welcome Tsao-Lin Moy to the podcast. Tsao is the founder of Integrative Healing Arts which utilizes Chinese medicine, acupuncture, herbal medicine and energy healing to treat patients.
In this episode you'll learn:
- How acupuncture helps with infertility. Specifically, we discuss egg quality, irregular periods, short luteal phase, PMS, male factor infertility (low motility, DNA fragmentation).
- Qualifications to look for in a practitioner. Recommended frequency of treatment. How long treatment is recommended to prevent miscarriage.
- How acupuncture helps reduce stress.
5:00 INTRO TO TODAY’S EPISODE
6:20 WHY TSAO IS PASSIONATE ABOUT HELPING WOMEN WITH THEIR FERTILITY
- Women are so underserved in health.
- Acupuncture and improved IVF outcomes
- The pressure to get pregnant once they hit 40 is tremendous.
9:45 HOW ACUPUNCTURE CAN HELP WITH FERTILITY
- Acupuncture helps the body to get into a state of self-healing.
- Research on the positive effects of acupuncture
- Fertility is not only biology and hormones. There’s more to it.
- Finding balance in your body
13:08 ACUPUNCTURE FOR STRESS RELIEF
- My experience with acupuncture
- Why many successful women suffer from burnout
14:56 THE INFERTILITY DIAGNOSIS
- Why Tsao often doesn’t agree with an infertility diagnosis
- Stress and anxiety around trying to conceive
18:00 STRESS & FERTILITY
- Recognizing your body’s stress signals
- How clearing your digital cookies can improve your health
- Learning to step back as a Type A personality
21:29 UNDERSTANDING THE LIFE FORCE ALL AROUND US & WITHIN US
23:30 THE TYPE A PERSONALITY
- How a “push through it” attitude impacts your hormones
- Inflammation will cause you to be cranky.
- Creating a practice to support your body
27:52 WORK & OUR VALUE
- Our culture’s unbalanced approach to work and womens’ value
- Why it’s hard to disconnect
- Keeping social connections strong
- Healthy boundaries in your online world
31:44 GETTING BACK TO YOUR INTUITION
- It’s all too easy for women to fall into the trap of statistics.
- Your path can be different from the statistics
- You know your body best.
- The big picture view of your diagnosis
33:27 LETTING GO OF BLAME
- The disturbing trend of younger and younger women being told they need to freeze their eggs
- Medical bias and the underlying culture of blame and control
- Making informed choices about your body
37:28 HOW WE’RE DISCONNECTING FROM OUR BODIES
- The false sense of security with egg freezing
- Far-reaching issues that can be created by using hormonal birth control
40:56 TSAO’S FOCUS ON WHOLE HEALTH
- How Tsao work’s with her clients
- Male factor infertility
- Chinese medicine’s holistic approach to fertility
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
Connect with Tsao-Lin Moy
- Tsao-Lin Moy’s Website
- Tsao-Lin Moy’s Book | Will I Ever Get Pregnant?: The Smart Woman's Guide to Get Pregnant Naturally Over 40
- Tsao-Lin Moy on Instagram
- Find Tsao-Lin Moy on Clubhouse @fertilityexpert
Emily Nagoski and Amelia Nagoski’s Book | Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 193: How To Get Pregnant Naturally With Low AMH/High FSH
- Episode 330: Strategies To Help You For The New Year When You Have Low AMH/High FSH
Book your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here with your partner
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health.
Visit FabFertileStore.com to get your 15% discount.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/resources/
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button so you never miss an episode!