How To Know If Low Energy Or Fatigue Is Impacting Your Fertility
May 03, 2021
Today I'm welcoming Dr. Evan Hirsch.
We’re digging into why optimizing energy levels and addressing fatigue is essential when you are on the TTC journey.
Evan H. Hirsch, MD, is a World Renowned Fatigue Expert and is the Founder & CEO of the International Center for Fatigue. Through his best-selling book, podcast, and online programs, he has helped thousands of people around the world optimize their energy naturally, and he is on a mission to help 1 million more.
Many of us struggle with low energy or fatigue.
And while dips in energy can be normal, feeling constantly tired or low energy may be a sign to dig deeper.
As you may know, we don’t focus singularly on the infertility diagnosis…. we look at the whole body.
So why does fatigue or low energy, matter when we are trying to conceive?
It could be missed healing opportunities that can help get to the root cause of why you are struggling to get pregnant naturally.
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) Why it is important to address energy levels if you are trying to conceive
2) What are the symptoms of fatigue
3) How testosterone levels impact energy and sex drive
4) What are normal energy levels during the menstrual cycle
5) Connection between autoimmune disease and fatigue
6) Chronic infections and the link to fatigue, plus how to address fatigue so that you can get pregnant naturally.
06:02- INTRO TO TODAY'S EPISODE AND DR. EVAN HIRCH’S BIO
06:41- DR. EVAN HIRCH’S PERSONAL STORY WITH FATIGUE
08:50- WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO ADDRESS ENERGY LEVELS FOR SOMEONE WHO IS TRYING TO CONCEIVE?
- “When you are tired it’s indicating a bigger problem.”
- There are ten causes of fatigue’.
10:00- HOW DO WE KNOW IF WE HAVE FATIGUE?
- Fatigue: tiredness that is not relieved by rest.
- What are some of the symptoms?
12:34- HOW ARE TESTOSTERONE LEVELS IMPACTED BY ENERGY?
- “Your body does not want to procreate when it is in survival mode.”
15:35- THE DECLINE IN SPERM COUNT AND TESTOSTERONE LEVELS
- The impact of toxicities and mold in your home
18:50- ENERGY LEVELS AROUND MENSTRUAL CYCLES
20:50- THYROID AND FATIGUE AND WHY IT MATTERS
- Hormone deficiency is a cause of fatigue
23:09- ADRENALS AND FATIGUE
24:23- CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME
- What is the difference between this and fatigue?
- Why understanding the CAUSE is important for treatment
- “Everyone is focused on looking at treatment instead of causes”
- The impact of over stressing your body and over-exercising
- Addressing toxicities, infections, traumas, etc
31:26- MORE ON CAUSES OF FATIGUE AND WHAT WE CAN DO
33:00- IS THERE A COMMON THEME WITH FATIGUE?
- Mental, emotional issues, food sensitivities, etc
- “If you want to be a better human you have got to work on your emotional health.”
- What he practices he recommends for working on mental health
- The impact of positive affirmations and gratitude
39:29- BIOIDENTICALS- WHAT DOES HE RECOMMEND?
41:25- AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND FATIGUE
- The causes of autoimmune disease are similar to fatigue
- What about allergies? Or chronic infections?
- Different bugs and how they affect you
- “If you don’t feel right there is something wrong with you.”
51:28- DR. EVAN HIRCH’S FREE PDF DOWNLOAD
52:08- FINAL THOUGHTS ON FATIGUE
- ‘Don’t give up hope.”
FREE PDF download of the #1 bestselling book, Fix Your Fatigue: The four-step process to resolving chronic fatigue, achieving abundant energy, and reclaiming your life! https://go.fixyourfatigue.org/full-book-pdf-optin
BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):
- can I get pregnant with high fsh,
- can stress can diminished ovarian reserve,
- diminished ovarian reserve,
- female infertility and stress,
- fertility diet,
- fertility diet challenge,
- fertility diet grocery list,
- fertility diet to improve egg quality,
- functional medicine fertility specialist,
- functional medicine for fertility,
- functional medicine hormones,
- functional nutrition and fertility