How To Reduce Toxins That Impact Fertility
Jan 27, 2020
I'm excited to welcome Maggie Berghoff to the podcast.
We're digging into the top environmental toxins and how they impact fertility.
Maggie Berghoff is a functional medicine nurse practitioner and health consultant who works with celebrities, entertainers, athletes, and CEOs/executives to up-level their physical and mental health.
Many of us know how mental emotional stress impacts our fertility, but we may not know the impact of environmental stress.
We’re exposed to chemicals in our food, our personal care products (yes this includes feminine hygiene products) and cleaning products.
Turns out these chemicals are linked to endocrine disruptors that impact both male and female fertility.
And the studies prove it:
Women with a history of miscarriage may have up to 300% more of a chemical used in perfumes and cosmetics in their bloodstream than women who have never miscarried. (Human Reproduction Journal)
Two common chemicals found in leather upholstery, carpets, soap, toothpaste, and even baby bottles have been linked to high infertility rates. (American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
In this episode you'll learn:
1) How to replace your products with non-toxic options (it’s not about throwing out all your products - that can create more stress!).
2) How to ensure your water is safe - what you need for a filter and what you could be missing in the shower.
3) What to do about the air you breathe – filter recommendations and why indoor air pollution is worse that outdoor
4) Blue Light exposure – we’re big on this one – we’re all exposed to blue and green light from our tablets/computers/phones – this impacts our melatonin which is essential for male and female fertility
5) Sound exposure – noise activates a stress response, which triggers a release of cortisol. We discuss how to minimize your exposure.
6) EMF exposure – we discuss how to minimize WiFi and 5G and why this matters for fertility
Resources from this episode:
Discover your inflammation type here.
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to recieve 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don't forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.
- blue blocker glasses benefits,
- blue blocking glasses,
- blue light fertility,
- environmental toxins fertility,
- environmental working group nail polish,
- functional medicine and hormones,
- functional medicine approach to infertility,
- functional medicine fertility,
- functional medicine for pregnancy,
- functional nutrition and fertility,
- functional nutrition fertility,
- functional testing fertility,
- toxins and fertility