How To Release Trauma When You Are TTC
Oct 19, 2020
Today we’re digging into how to deal with trauma when you are TTC.
Naomi Woolfson is the founder of Embrace Fertility, offering inspiration, support and community to women and their partners who are going through infertility.
Going through the fertility journey can be traumatic – it affects every aspect of your life.
From your finances, relationships, social life, and joy this journey can bring up all the emotions.
But how do we know if we have trauma – what are the signs?
On this podcast you'll learn:
1) What constitutes trauma. What trauma does to the body?
2) How to know if you have trauma (We talk about the signs)
3) How anger fits in with trauma (i.e. what is actually under the anger). What if we numb our trauma – by repressing our emotions (ie shopping, overeating, overworking).
4) What we can do to release trauma so that we can begin healing.
05:49- INTRO TO NAOMI WOOLFSON AND TODAY'S TOPIC
06:30- NAOMI'S STORY OF INFERTILITY
- After experiencing a mind/body program her entire life changed
- "Getting pregnant wasn't the only way to feel better."
08:05: INTRO TO THE MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL TRAUMA OF INFERTILITY
- Often there is a healing opportunity that is missed ( addressing mind/body/spirit)
- What IS trauma?
- Trauma is can be physical and/or emotional
10:57: WHAT DOES TRAUMA DO TO THE BODY?
- Something is traumatic if it is PERCEIVED traumatic
- A research study that was done comparing infertility with symptoms of PTSD
- "Although infertility isn't life-threatening, it still threatens your life."
13:50: SIGNS OF TRAUMA
- Triggers as a sign of trauma
15:54: WHY IS IMPORTANT TO ADDRESS THE TRAUMA IF YOU ARE TRYING TO CONCEIVE?
- The stress trauma places on the body and what extreme stress does to the body
- Unhealthy coping strategies that have a negative effect on your pre-conception health
- How getting a diagnosis can be traumatic/hearing professionals say there is no hope
20:20: HOW DOES ANGER FIT INTO TRAUMA?
- The stages of grief and their similarities with stages of trauma
- Unhealthy ways of coping and how we all have our own unique style
- "We want our lifestyle to support our fertility."
- Embracing the emotions that come from infertility
25:29: EXPERIENCING POST-TRAUMATIC GROWTH FROM TRAUMA
- What we can gain from experiencing trauma
28:32: HOW DO WE RELEASE TRAUMA?
- One of the simplest tools we can use
- What purpose does crying have? Are there other ways to release emotion?
- How dancing can release trauma and trapped emotions (Qoya dance)
- What if you cannot cry?
38:24: NAOMI'S RECOMMENDED RESOURCES
40:44: NAOMI'S SUCCESS STORY
44:22: CONNECT WITH NAOMI
FREE ‘Fertile Thoughts Activation Process Pack’: Www.embracefertility.co.uk/
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):
- can I get pregnant with high fsh,
- can trauma cause infertility,
- diminished ovarian reserve,
- functional medicine for fertility,
- functional medicine hormones,
- high risk pregnancy birth trauma,
- infertility has broken me,
- low amh donor eggs,
- low amh success stories,
- premature ovarian failure pregnancy success stories