How To Optimize Your Chances With Donor Eggs
Sep 28, 2020
Today we’re digging into how to optimize success with donor eggs.
Check out episode #6 for a functional medicine 101 talk plus a look at some of the tools we use to help couples conceive.
As you may know, I had both my children with donor eggs. Years later I discovered the root cause of my POI was food sensitivity, gut infection, and chronic stress.
Our Fab Fertile Method helps couples with low AMH, POI/POF, DOR get pregnant naturally or increase success with their own eggs with IVF.
But what if you are ready to move to donor eggs?
This is a very personal decision and because of my experience with donor eggs, I’m uniquely positioned to offer support. We’ve helped many couples get pregnant with donor eggs and have a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Even if you’ve selected donor eggs there is still a 50% chance of success. And with such a huge financial and emotional investment it is crucial to dig into missed healing opportunities BEFORE you have your treatment so that you can increase your chances of a successful pregnancy.
This episode is for you:
- You have decided donor eggs are your best option to get pregnant and have your baby.
- You’re concerned about the emotional aspect of donor eggs (bonding/how to tell your child).
- You‘re not sure what to do to optimize your success with donor eggs.
On this podcast you'll learn:
1) My experience with donor eggs. I go into detail about selecting a donor and what I wished I had done differently.
2) I discuss my top tips to optimize your success (i.e. which diet is right for donor eggs, why gut health matters, how to minimize exposure with environmental toxins and strategies to deal with mental/emotional stress.
3) Whether to tell people about your decision or keep it private, will you bond with the baby, how do you tell your child, and what the process was like (I share my personal experience) so that you can do what feels right for you.
4) I review in detail a case study with one of our clients with a successful donor egg transfer and how we optimized preconception health so that she could get pregnant.
7:07- DISCLAIMER AND INTRO INTO TODAY'S TOPIC
7:41- SARAH'S FERTILITY JOURNEY AND EXPERIENCE WITH DONOR EGGS
- Being put on birth control, later to be taken off and experiencing issues with cycle
- Being diagnosed with POI and being told the only option for pregnancy was donor eggs
- The journey of selecting donor eggs for both her children
- Walking through successful and unsuccessful transfers
- Postpartum period depression, anxiety, and rage
- Slow changes Sarah made to her diet and lifestyle, including addressing chronic stress
- "Infertility was my wakeup call."
19:55- ONCE YOU HAVE MADE THE DECISION TO GO FOR DONOR EGGS
- There is peace for those who have made that decision
- But it is still important to understand the underlying issues
20:35- TOP TIPS FOR OPTIMIZING SUCCESS WITH DONOR EGGS
20:42- DIET FOR OPTIMIZING SUCCESS WITH DONOR EGGS
- It's about figuring out the diet that is right for you
- Food can be a stressor on the body
- Reducing inflammation for both partners through the elimination diet
- Themes we see with different food sensitivities and various tests we use
- If you have an autoimmune disease it is key to look at diet
- "Diet does matter."
25:00 GUT HEALTH FOR OPTIMIZING SUCCESS WITH DONOR EGGS
- The health of your gut is linked to your hormone health
- How to address this without making it overwhelming!
- Looking at EMF's and small things we can do to protect ourselves
28:35- EMOTIONAL ASPECTS OF USING DONOR EGGS
- Visualize it working
- "The mental and emotional side is key."
- The importance of having support and addressing trauma
30:50- WILL I BE ABLE TO BOND WITH MY CHILD?
- The personal decision of whether or not to tell your child
- Why my goal as been to not make it about me
- Understanding the power of the mind and breaking free of shame
- Two busy professionals who discovered food sensitivities
- Where able to optimize their gut health and work on stress
- The first IVF with donor eggs was a success!
38:38- FABFERTILE PROTOCOL
- "You cannot out supplement the basics."
- Why the FabFertile method INCLUDES your partner
- There is no downside to working on your health
- If you are ready to take a targeted approach to your success book a free call
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):
- bonding with donor egg baby,
- chances of getting pregnant with donor eggs,
- donor eggs success stories,
- egg donor recipient stories,
- functional medicine for fertility,
- functional medicine hormones,
- hope for premature ovarian failure,
- how to reverse premature ovarian failure naturally,
- low amh donor eggs,
- low amh success stories,
- premature ovarian failure,
- premature ovarian failure pregnancy success stories,
- premature ovarian insufficiency,
- premature ovarian insufficiency pregnancy