What You Need To Know About Chronic Infections And Infertility
Aug 03, 2020
Today I’m welcoming Dr. Elizabeth Boham to the podcast!
We’re digging sinus, bladder, yeast infections, and what they mean for your fertility.
Elizabeth Boham, MD, MS, RD is a physician and nutritionist who practices functional medicine at The Ultrawellness Center in Lenox, MA. Through her practice and lecturing, she has helped thousands of people achieve their goals of optimum health and wellness.
She witnesses the power of nutrition every day in her practice and is committed to training other physicians to utilize nutrition in healing. Dr. Boham has contributed to many articles and wrote the latest chapter on Obesity for the Rankel Textbook of Family Medicine. She is part of the faculty of the Institute for Functional Medicine and has been featured on the Dr. Oz show and in a variety of publications and media including Huffington Post, The Chalkboard Magazine, and Experience Life. Her DVD Breast Wellness: Tools to Prevent and Heal from Breast Cancer explores the functional medicine approach to keeping your breasts and whole body well. Learn more about Dr. Boham at www.DrBoham.com.
After I had my daughter my health really began to suffer. I remember having nine (9) colds in one year and every cold went to a sinus infection – so I took antibiotics for every cold.
Plus I was struggling with chronic bladder infections (was urinating blood) so again I took antibiotics for every bladder infection.
And I was also experiencing chronic yeast infections and took medication for that too.
As you may know, I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure at 28 and had both my kids with donor eggs – years later I discovered food sensitivities, gut infections, and chronic stress were the root cause of my infertility.
And that the antibiotics had destroyed my gut health, but there were steps I took to begin to restore my health.
Infections are a HUGE clue that something is out of balance in your body and loading up with antibiotics only makes everything worse.
If you are struggling with chronic infections AND infertility this is a clue for us to dig deeper and the functional approach gives us the answers to restore our health and fertility.
On this podcast you'll learn:
1) Repeat infections and what they have to do with infertility and how to improve our immune system so that we can get pregnant naturally. Plus how antibiotics impact gut health and why this matters for hormone balance.
2) Common causes of sinus infection and how do we stop cold/flu cycle?
3) Common causes of bladder/UTI’s and how do we break the cycle.
4) Common causes of yeast infections and what can we do to prevent them?
5) Lifestyle and supplement recommendations to combat infection.
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health) Visit BLUBlox website at: https://www.blublox.com Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):
- bladder problems and infertility,
- functional medicine doctor fertility,
- functional medicine for fertility,
- functional medicine hormones,
- functional medicine unexplained infertility,
- low amh and infertility,
- low amh success stories,
- sinus infection and infertility,
- unexplained infertility explained,
- unexplained infertility functional medicine,
- unexplained infertility natural treatment,
- unexplained infertility success stories,
- uti and infertility