When Should We Have Sex to Optimize Pregnancy Chances?
Dec 10, 2021
Today's question is: When should we have sex to optimize pregnancy chances?
Welcome to our daily Q&A show - Ask The Fertility Experts. We're answering your fertility questions so that you can optimize your chances of pregnancy success with your own eggs. We specialize in low AMH, high FSH, diminished ovarian reserve, and premature ovarian insufficiency.
To submit your question send me a DM (direct message) on Instagram @fabfertileinc - https://www.instagram.com/fabfertileinc/ We''ll answer your question on an upcoming episode.
I'm Sarah Clark, Founder of Fab Fertile Inc. and your host. Today a member of the Fab Fertile team joins me - Dr. Tabatha Barber. Dr. Tabatha is triple board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, menopause, and functional medicine.
05:12- TODAY’S QUESTION: When Should We Have Sex to Optimize Pregnancy Chances?
- There is a lot of information out there- it can be confusing!
- When the lovemaking suffers because of “baby-making”
05:44- DR. TABATHA BARBER’S INITIAL RESPONSE
- Figuring out when you are ovulating (and optimizing)
- The egg lives for a few days after it gets released (so does the sperm)
- How do you increase your odds? Does peeing after sex matter?
- Why would having sex every other day be a good idea?
- “I want you to not take any of the enjoyment out of it either.”
- What orgasms help with (why they matter!)
- Things to do after sex to increase your chances: “Help the sperm get to where they need to go.”
- Do positions matter? Would it matter if the woman was on top?
- Castor oil packs- how would that help?
- Natural lubricants versus toxic lubricants (which can kill sperm)
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):