Why These Targeted Changes Make A Difference For Male Fertility
Dec 10, 2021
Dr. Tracy Gapin joins us today as we're digging into how to optimize male fertility so that you can get pregnant naturally.
Although we specialize with low AMH, high FSH, premature ovarian failure, and diminished ovarian reserve many times we also support male factor fertility issues too. After all fertility rates are 50% men and 50% women.
The Fab Fertile Method takes a personalized comprehensive science-based approach to improve both male and female fertility with our test don’t guess methodology.
Because it can be frustrating when you’re told that everything looks normal or there is nothing that can be done and IVF is your only option when no one has addressed the missed healing opportunities.
Whether it’s low sperm count, motility issues or DNA fragmentation, or more there are specific strategies to improve male fertility so that you can increase pregnancy success.
Today on the podcast I’m excited to welcome back Dr. Tracy Gapin MD, FACS. Dr. Gapin is a board-certified urologist, world-renowned men’s health & performance expert, best-selling author, and professional speaker.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How accurate are semen tests. How often to retest semen. Best practices to ensure there is a good sample.
- How do infections impact semen quality
- How medications impact semen and what to look out for so that you don’t can minimize side effects
- The final word on alcohol and semen health
- How genetic testing can help personalize a plan for enhanced fertility
- How to protect male fertility from environmental toxins
05:24- INTRO TO TODAY'S EPISODE AND DR. TRACY GAPIN’S BIO
06:48-HOW ACCURATE ARE SEMEN TESTS?
- Home tests vs. tests done in the office
- 08:00- BEST PRACTICES TO GET A GOOD SPERM SAMPLE
- Pre-conception epigenetics
- Abstaining before, transferring semen, etc
09:41- HOW LONG BEFORE RE-TESTING?
10:30- HOW INFECTIONS IMPACT SEMEN
11:37- HOW DO MEDICATIONS IMPACT SPERM? WHAT LIFESTYLE CHANGES SHOULD WE MAKE?
- Case study and how we can make improvements with lifestyle changes
- “Sleep and stress are not really talked about in men's health but have a dramatic effect on fertility.”
- Good sleep hygiene practices (and why it matters for fertility)
- Paying attention to stress and stressors (and how to how to handle them)
- “Proper breathing can have a dramatic impact on sperm function”
- Mindfulness, medication, and doing things you enjoy
- “Everyone really needs to live with intention and create time for things that they enjoy.”
19:47- HYPERTENSION AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- What happens to the body when you are not taking care of it
22:27- GENOMIC TESTING
- Understanding our genetics and how we should uniquely approach our health
- Genetics related to nutrition, sleep, our bodies ability to handle toxins, etc
- How understanding your unique makeup can help you follow through on your health program
28:15- IS FASTING OKAY FOR MALE FERTILITY?
- Why “fasting windows” are important and the difference for fasting for health versus “dieting”
- Paying attention to your body and breaking your fast when you need to
- Testosterone production
33:53- ALCOHOL AND SEMEN QUALITY
- Why heart rate variability matters and how alcohol and other substances affect it
- How to use wearable devices to learn what your body is doing
- What happens if you feel like you “need” a drink?
- Willpower vs. biochemistry
- A simple tool to use to drink less
40:30- TOP HACKS FOR PROTECTING SPERM AGAINST TOXINS
- What water you should be drinking and the water bottles you should be using
43:25- ANY SEXUAL POSITIONS RECOMMENDED?
- Why timing is critical, and the conflicting information about positions
- Abstaining if there are issues with the sperm and temperature checks
45:30- CLOMID AND OTHER FERTILITY MEDICATIONS
- Why lifestyle changes are still important
50:57- ACCESS DR. TRACY GAPIN’S FREE CHAPTER OF BOOK
51:33- FINAL THOUGHTS
- “It’s a systems-based approach. You need to focus on every piece of it.”
Apply for your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby.
Sponsored by Fab Fertile Store. Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our basic recommendations that are essential for preconception health. Visit https://www.fabfertilestore.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCAST REVIEW: http://bit.ly/getpregnantreview
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases
SHOP here: https://fabfertile.com/resources/
Fab Fertile Method - https://wordpress-471581-2904792.cloudwaysapps.com/what-we-do/
Why Assembling A Team Of Fertility Expert Fast Tracks Success - http://getpregnant.libsyn.com/website/why-assembling-a-team-of-fertility-experts-fast-tracks-pregnancy-success
Why Addressing These Factors Matter If You Have POI/POF - http://getpregnant.libsyn.com/website/why-addressing-these-factors-matters-if-have-poipof
Listen here (be sure to HIT the subscribe button so you never miss an episode):