Essential Tests For Repeat Miscarriage and How To Be Your Own Advocate
May 29, 2023
We’re digging into repeat miscarriages and trying to conceive after loss.
Many women suffer from miscarriages and repeat miscarriages. The devastating emotional toll it takes can be hard to endure.
It’s a topic that’s still very taboo, and couples are even hesitant to tell close friends and family members that they are pregnant for fear of losing the baby and then having to explain the loss.
When we experience a miscarriage, what we need most is support and understanding.
Sometimes a simple, I am so sorry for your loss is enough.
Please know that our Fab Fertile Method that can help with repeat miscarriage.
Here are some factors and testing to consider if you have experienced miscarriage or repeat miscarriage.
Today I’m excited to welcome Aimee Raupp, MS, Lac. Aimee is a renowned women’s health and fertility expert, celebrity acupuncturist & coach, and a best-selling author.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- Steps to take once you’re able to start trying again after a miscarriage
- Common themes with repeat miscarriage
- How to address infections, toxins, nutrient imbalance and more (and why this matters for repeat miscarriage)
- Testing your doctor isn’t telling you about
- Diet, supplement and emotional support tips
3:28 WELCOME AIMEE RAUPP
4:02 A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO FERTILITY
- The missing pieces in conventional medicine
- Why Aimee focused on the foundations of fertility
- Fertility is an extension of health.
- There’s a lot we can do to impact our fertility
- You have to look at the whole picture.
- Aimee Raupp’s Book | Yes, You Can Get Pregnant: Natural Ways to Improve Your Fertility Now and into Your 40s
8:00 RECURRING THEMES AROUND REPEAT MISCARRIAGE
- The blame is often placed on the woman’s eggs instead of digger deeper into root causes
- The lack of testing and diagnosis for autoimmune and inflammatory conditions in cases of repeat miscarriage
- Repeated miscarriages without a live birth in between suggests that there’s something further to explore
13:35 THE IMPORTANCE OF COMPREHENSIVE TESTING
- It’s barbaric that so many providers won’t do any testing until after three miscarriages
- The types of tests Aimee recommends before starting your fertility journey
- The prevalence of autoimmune disease in women in their reproductive years
- The average woman takes six years and twelve doctor visits for an autoimmune disease diagnosis.
15:53 THYROID & REPEAT MISCARRIAGE
- Getting a complete thyroid panel is critical
- How hypothyroidism can lead to repeat miscarriage and other fertility issues
- We can do a lot to make the body more receptive to pregnancy.
- Diet and lifestyle are massive pieces of the puzzle that are often missed
- If the thyroid is off, everything is off.
- You have to look at the entire hormone cascade because they all affect each other.
21:03 BLOOD SUGAR IMBALANCE
- Blood sugar imbalances can lead to systemic metabolic issues
- When your body doesn’t get what it needs, fertility is on the back burner.
- Making a human is a significant demand on the body; we must set the stage for success.
24:55 THERE’S NO QUICK FIX
- You’ll probably benefit from taking a step back to assess before rushing to IVF
- When the liver isn't working correctly, we see an accumulation of oxidative stress
- Give your body the means to prioritize fertility.
31:39 THE EMOTIONAL ASPECT
- In Chinese medicine, every disease state has an emotional and physical correlation
- When you’re nailing the diet and lifestyle, but nothing is happening, it’s probably time to look at the mindset piece
- The correlation between emotional and physical health
- We see a direct correlation between trauma, grief, repressed emotions and gut issues.
- Quick fixes don’t set the stage for major success.
- Focusing on optimizing instead of perfection
- Our thoughts impact our physiology.
- Aimee Raupp’s Book | Body Belief: How to Heal Autoimmune Diseases, Radically Shift Your Health, and Learn to Love Your Body More
- Generational trauma and fertility challenges
38:25 BLOOD CLOTTING DISORDER
- MTHFR mutations and your fertility
- Blood clotting factors that should be tested on a miscarriage panel
40:45 GUT INFECTIONS
- Proper absorption and digestion are essential for a healthy reproductive system
- Digging deeper into the root causes of autoimmune issues
- The prevalence of gut infections in those with fertility issues
- The foundational elements have to be healed.
45:46 FERTILITY DIET
- Research leads us to the autoimmune paleo diet (AIP) being the most effective
- Aimee Raupp’s Book | The Egg Quality Diet: A clinically proven 100-day fertility diet to balance hormones, reduce inflammation, improve egg quality & optimize your ability to get & stay pregnant
- You need a personalized approach to your diet
- Food testing doesn’t give us all the answers; the elimination diet is the answer.
- Many people are well-fed but malnourished.
50:04 AIMEE’S CURRENT OBSESSIONS
- Kara N. Fitzgerald’s Book | Younger You: Reduce Your Bio Age and Live Longer, Better
- Bessel van der Kolk’s Book | The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
51:11 SUCCESS STORIES
- Aimee’s client who was denied treatment due to her weight and medical history
53:24 MISCARRIAGE PANEL GUIDANCE
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Connect with Aimee Raupp
- Aimee Raupp’s Website
- Aimee Raupp on Instagram @AimeeRaupp
- Get your free guide from Aimee at https://aimeeraupp.com/miscarriage
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck and it is not about deprivation. It’s about eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
I’m excited to announce that our Spring Fertility Recipe Guide is ready! I worked with a chef/nutrition background to prepare these summer recipes. In this 5-day challenge you’ll learn how food impacts your body while enjoying delicious meals - no you will not be drinking green juice and starving! Start this challenge today with your partner.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
I'm excited to introduce you to the Inito fertility monitor, an easy, at-home fertility tracker that gives accurate results, while cutting down on your time and expenses.
Inito not only tells you when you're the most fertile by measuring estrogen and LH but also confirms if you’ve actually ovulated by measuring progesterone.
If you’re ready to start tracking your fertility easily at home, go to Inito.com and use code FABFERTILE15 to save 15% on your fertility tracker.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 364: Why This Is My TOP Suggestion For Anyone On The Fertility Journey
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9