How To Know When Or If To Use Bioidentical Hormones When TTC
May 22, 2023
We’re digging into bioidenticals and why this matters when you are TTC.
When I was diagnosed with POF/POI at 28, I was told that I needed to get hormone replacement therapy right away to protect my bones, prevent osteoporosis, and protect my heart.
So I took a synthetic form of hormone replacement therapy for years.
Then, I discovered that the root cause of my infertility was food sensitivity, gut infection, and chronic stress.
Many of my chronic health issues went away because I committed to diet and lifestyle changes.
I stopped taking hormone replacement therapy because of the negative side effects of synthetic hormones.
But I know I still needed support with my hormones.
Enter bioidentical hormones.
You may be wondering, “Can I use bioidenticals if I am TTC?"
They can be a good addition to your fertility toolkit...but they need to be used at the right time (lifestyle changes need to be prioritized first before we take the hormones).
Because bioidenticals alone are not the answer, but they can be part of the solution.
I'm excited to welcome Dr. Daved Rosensweet. Dr. Rosensweet is the founder of The Menopause Method, creator of BRITE, creator of I Wonder, Doctor, and the author of Happy Healthy Hormones.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Why adding bioidentical hormones can be part of the TTC journey
- The difference between bioidentical and synthetic hormones
- The final word on the controversy surrounding hormone replacement therapy and the increased risk of cancer (We discuss the 2009 study - he breaks it all down)
- Mistakes we see with hormone replacement therapy and how you can avoid them
3:35 WELCOME DR. DAVED ROSENSWEET
4:24 DR. ROSENSWEET’S JOURNEY
- How Dr. Rosensweet became interested in holistic medicine and why he specialized in bioidentical hormones
6:38 REPLENISHING HORMONES WITH BIOIDENTICALS
- How stress impacts our hormones
- What are bioidentical hormones?
- The benefits of using bioidentical hormones derived from plants
- Download Dr. Rosensweet’s book “Happy Healthy Hormones” for free - opt in: https://iobim.org/book/
12:21 HORMONE HEALTH & YOUR ENVIRONMENT
- How lifestyle factors impact hormonal health
- The role of detoxification in addressing fertility challenges
- Anyone with fertility challenges should explore the potential for toxicity.
- Simple strategies to detox your home
- The history of hormone use
18:18 WOMEN'S HEALTH INITIATIVE STUDY
- Clearing up the misinformation around hormone replacement therapy and breast cancer
- Women who are treated with hormones are at less risk for breast cancer, heart attack and stroke.
- Avrum Bluming & Carol Tavris’ Book | Estrogen Matters: Why Taking Hormones in Menopause Can Improve Women's Well-Being and Lengthen Their Lives -- Without Raising the Risk of Breast Cancer
21:41 SELECTING HORMONES
- Why you need a provider with extra education and training in using compounded bioidentical hormones
- There's a wide variation in hormones and hormonal balance.
- Different hormone formats will be more effective for different people
- Risks associated with taking estrogen and testosterone orally
- Hormones are so powerful that if you don't address them, it's hard to get other things accomplished.
- How the crisis of infertility can trigger a journey of healing and personal development
30:38 MINDSET & STRESS MANAGEMENT
- Developing emotional skills to deal with stress
- Why addressing emotional health and can impact fertility issues
- I Wonder, Doctor… Website
- You have to prepare the nest by healing.
- Listen to your voice when it comes to your reproductive health
39:05 COMMON MISTAKES AROUND BIOIDENTICALS
- Criteria you can use to select the right hormone specialist for you
- Individualization is critical.
42:39 DR. ROSENSWEET’S PASSION & ADVOCACY
- Replenishing hormones and how they can reduce the risk of certain diseases
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck and it is not about deprivation. It’s about eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
I’m excited to announce that our Spring Fertility Recipe Guide is ready! I worked with a chef/nutrition background to prepare these summer recipes. In this 5-day challenge you’ll learn how food impacts your body while enjoying delicious meals - no you will not be drinking green juice and starving! Start this challenge today with your partner.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
I'm excited to introduce you to the Inito fertility monitor, an easy, at-home fertility tracker that gives accurate results, while cutting down on your time and expenses.
Inito not only tells you when you're the most fertile by measuring estrogen and LH but also confirms if you’ve actually ovulated by measuring progesterone.
If you’re ready to start tracking your fertility easily at home, go to Inito.com and use code FABFERTILE15 to save 15% on your fertility tracker.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 364: Why This Is My TOP Suggestion For Anyone On The Fertility Journey
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9