How To Enjoy Fertility Friendly-Foods That Do Not Suck
Aug 07, 2023
We’re digging into tips for eating for fertility in the summer.
Making dietary changes can be hard (especially during the summer).
You may feel like putting off the changes until September.
However, eating foods that nourish your body does not need to suck.
And delaying making the changes only delays your chances of pregnancy success.
What if we could take advantage of the bounty that summer produce offers us?
This is not about eating a bunch of kale or sipping green juice.
From quick dips/pestos to protein-rich smoothies and barbeque-ready meats/fish, we discuss how you can nourish your body now without feeling deprived or hungry.
Caitlin Townsend is part of my team at Fab Fertile. She is a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner as well as a Chef trained at The Culinary Institute of America.
In this episode, you'll learn about:
- A smoothie recipe that’s packed with fertility-friendly protein/fats
- Eating based on the season and how to incorporate more variety
- How to select foods that are good for your digestion
- Quick 3-4 ingredient recipe ideas for dips/pestos
- How to use herbs to make your summer BBQ meat/fish more flavourful
- An easy mocktail recipe that improves digestive health (i.e. gut health is key for ovarian function)
4:12 WELCOME CAITLIN TOWNSEND
6:13 SEASONAL EATING RECOMMENDATIONS
- What it means to eat seasonally
- The abundance of fresh and nutrient-rich foods in summer
- Take advantage of seasonal foods.
8:25 AN ABUNDANCE MINDSET
- Diversifying your vegetable intake
- We can easily get in a rut eating the same things.
- Summer is a season of abundance.
- It’s important to have fun and enjoy yourself on the fertility journey
11:24 COLD FOODS TO HELP DIGESTION
- There’s a reason our bodies crave certain foods in the summertime.
- In the summertime, everything speeds up, including our digestion
- Get your creative juices flowing when it comes to cooking in the summertime
- Caitlin’s summer spin on pestos and dips
- Dairy and nut alternatives to consider
- Summer fruits that are rich sources of antioxidants
18:31 SOME OF OUR FAVOURITE SUMMER RECIPES
- Olive tapenade, baba ghanoush, melon smoothies
25:26 GOOD SOURCES OF ELECTROLYTES
- Dehydration can happen even though you're drinking a lot of water.
- Going to the bathroom a lot can be a sign that the water isn’t getting into your cells
27:57 SEASONAL FOOD PAIRINGS
- Eating well isn’t about deprivation or living on green juice
- Slowing down and taking pleasure in the abundance of summer
- Refreshing and flavorful summer foods you can easily make
- How you can utilize herbs in summer dishes
34:14 SUMMER MOCKTAILS
- Working on your gut health and drinking alcohol doesn’t make sense.
- You can have a fun mocktail and enjoy it with others
- Tips for making mocktails at home
- The benefits of apple cider vinegar for gut health
- How presentation can bring pleasure into daily routines
41:49 FINAL THOUGHTS
- Enjoy each season as it comes along.
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Top Fertility Supplements You Need To Get Pregnant This Year - send an email to email@example.com to get your free guide
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck and it is not about deprivation. It’s about eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
I’m excited to announce that our Summer Fertility Recipe Guide is ready! I worked with a chef/nutrition background to prepare these summer recipes. In this 5-day challenge you’ll learn how food impacts your body while enjoying delicious meals - no you will not be drinking green juice and starving! Start this challenge today with your partner.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
I'm excited to announce the launch of our Fab For Life Naturals Fertility Collection! Fab For Life Naturals Fertility Collection. FFLNaturals.com
Get professional-grade supplements designed to support reproductive health for men and women. Prepare your body for a successful pregnancy with Fab For Life Naturals Fertility Collection.
Visit FFLNaturals.com and use code LAUNCH15 to save 15%.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 407: The Ultimate Diet For Egg And Sperm Health
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9